✩ Chapter 11 ✩

Word count: 1406 words

***Timeskip to two weeks later***

Not much has changed during the next two weeks at the Infinity Castle. The food was still the same, the room was still the same, and your daily routine was still the same. However, something did change. Your feelings for Muzan changed.

Not only that, he changed too. He was no longer the hostile demon who gazed at you with his piercing plum red eyes, but somebody who cared for you and always checked on you each day. Of course, there were times when he probably had a bad day and only came to your room to check with a stern face before leaving. Aside from that though, you had to say it became a lot more enjoyable around him.

But you always tried to assure yourself that you simply started to like his soft side and he was still the dangerous Demon King feared by many. You never wanted to accept the fact that you saw him as a friend, especially something more than that. 

Other than that, your leg healed gradually and you were already able to walk around the room despite still falling occasionally. You smiled as you sat down on the floor and stretched your right leg in front of you by pulling your toes to feel the stretch on the hamstring. You were happy that you could start using your full techniques soon. And of course, you couldn't wait to go home to your friends. But a small part of you told you something different. That you preferred to stay. 

"I'm impressed at how well your leg is healing, Y/N."

You tilted your head to see the man who inflicted the very injury smirking while leaning on the wall next to you with his arms crossed in front of his chest. 

"Yeah, I can't wait to be able to run again."

Muzan squatted down next to you and smiled.

"Don't worry, I know you'll be in your best physique soon."

You smiled back at him and crossed your legs before pulling yourself to lean on the wall. Muzan joined you on your right and you absent mindedly leaned your head on his shoulder. He got used to your little gestures like this, although you still don't know why you had the courage to do it in the first place. 

"Y/N..."

"Yeah?"

"If you want, you can go home tomorrow."

You perked your head up and turned to him with a beam on your face.

"Really? For real?"

Muzan nodded.

"Sure. I mean, you've healed pretty much. And I keeping my word with you."

You couldn't believe it. You were actually going home, finally. 

"Well thank you so much, Muzan. I'll be taking that offer then."

"I have one condition, though."

You tilted your head.

"What is it?"

Muzan stood up and outstretched his hand to you.

"Come with me to the summer festival tonight."

You were quite shocked at his condition since you thought it would be something bad like having to kill humans first or something. For something like this though, it was an easy answer and you took his hand.

"Sure!"

***Mini timeskip***

You admired yourself in the bathroom mirror as you twirled around in your new outfit which Muzan gave you before leaving. You wore a black kimono with red flowers covering the bottom part. The colors somehow reminded you of Muzan which made your heart skip a beat. You also did your hair in a beautiful neat bun with a red ornament.