✩ Chapter 5 ✩

word count: 1472 words

It was just another day in wherever you were. You lost track of time and you didn't really care about it. It didn't really matter to you anyway. It has probably been several days since Muzan left and you began to feel very lonely during that time period. You did wonder what took Muzan so long to find out it was a fake information but he was probably busy with something. To fill in your free time, you wondered how your friends were, whether they were all okay or not, and sometimes some memories of your lost family would flash through your mind, making tears fall down your face. 

You really wanted to talk to someone, even if it had to be a demon like Nakime. She did come frequently to give you food and water only to leave abruptly. You never had to chance to talk to her. You wondered if she hated you or something, but it was obvious by now that she was given strict orders not to talk to you.

"Geez, it's time to eat already?"

No answer was given to your question as you saw a small lamp placed on the table near you and your food which was on a tray also placed on it next to the lamp. 

"Is this dinner?"

A cold voice answered you.

"Breakfast."

You sighed as you dragged yourself in front of your breakfast. You had to scoot yourself since the leg that Muzan injured during your first meeting hasn't completely healed yet so you had trouble walking. You then heard footsteps walking away from you.

"Wait, Nakime. Please, can't you just stay here and talk? I'm so bored."

"I'm sorry, but I can't."

"Ugh, c'mon now. He won't know. He's still somewhere killing people, isn't he?"

"He knows everything, Y/N. Never underestimate him."

"Yeah, yeah. But why won't he let you talk to me? It's not like I'm trying to coax you into escaping together or something."

"This conversation ends here. I'm sorry."

You then heard the slam of the door and let out a sigh. 

How much longer will I be trapped in this dark space?

***Mini timeskip***

The loud slam of the door opening woke you from your little nap and you yawned as you rubbed your eyes. You were still half asleep and didn't see the danger coming towards you. It was only when you felt your back hitting the wall hard when you realized you were too late to dodge. You tried to get back up but your cheek was slapped making you fall onto the hard ground. You groaned in pain.

"Ow..."

"I've had enough of your games, princess."

You grunted as you tried to sit up straight against the wall to give you support. Your breath was hitched as you tried to bear with the stinging pain on your back.

"What are you talking about?!"

"Don't play dumb with me. You know what Mount Fujikasane is for, don't you?"

"I told you already a few days ag-"

Your words were interrupted as you were pulled up by your hair. 

"I was foolish enough to trust the words of someone like you."

"B-but I-"

"Enough! I've had enough of you!"

You were thrown back to the ground as you tried to keep your breathing steady. Actually, you would be able to fight back now but you knew fighting the Demon King would be pointless.