✩ Chapter 10 ✩

Word Count: 1388 words

***Somewhere in Japan***

"How did it go Mitsuri, did you find any clues?"

"No. Did you, Iguro-san?"

"I didn't find anything. It's just the same ramen shop story again. No one knew where she went afterwards."

Mitsuri sighed as she sat down on the grass and Obanai followed. They had been looking for more clues around the village on the second day there, questioning everyone but nothing seemed to turn up. Mitsuri then bit her lip and lifted her left hand to her eyelevel. She looked at the bracelet on her hand with star ornaments on it and her mind drifted to the wonderful memories of the past...

***Flashback to around 4 years ago***

"Mitsuri, I know we may not meet again for a while during our missions, so let's make something so we can remember each other!"

You were sitting on steps to a temple with Mitsuri next to you. It has been an extremely painstaking week of killing demons and the both of you were extremely happy to pass the exam. Now, you were on the right track on becoming what you had always dreamed of.

 "That's a great idea, Y/N! What should we make?"

"How about a friendship bracelet? My grandmother taught me how to make one out of straw once." 

"Sure! We'll make it once we leave from here!"

***Mini timeskip of the flashback***

"There! What do you think?"

Mitsuri beamed from ear to ear as she admired the bracelet with ornaments of stars made out of origami paper. Both of you were sitting on a wide meadow under the sparkling stars. Thankfully, the stars were bright enough so you could see the details of the bracelet clearly.

"It's so beautiful, Y/N! Thank you!! I'll make yours now~"

Mitsuri then took a few strands of straw and began braiding your bracelet. Once she was done, she then took a piece of origami paper and made tiny heart ornaments. You admired her work as she presented it to you with a huge smile.

"Do you like it, Y/N?"

"It's beautiful, Mitsuri! Let me wear it for a bit."

You wrapped the bracelet around your wrist and she helped tie a knot to fasten it. Then you both lifted your right hands to admire both of the bracelets with brightened faces. It looked beautiful and you felt so grateful that you passed the exam with somebody as kind and caring as Mitsuri. The both of you then lowered your hands to admire the dazzling night sky.

"Mitsuri, let's work hard as Demon Slayers, okay?"

"Sure! Let's do our best! And perhaps someday we can be Hashiras!"

"That sounds really nice, being a Hashira. I really hope we can reach that level."

"Same! I really want to be one someday!!"

You looked at Mitsuri who looked back at you and smiled.

"Then let's work hard for it!"

***End of flashback***

Mitsuri smiled as she thought of the memories and before long small tears began falling down her face which definitely did not go unnoticed by Obanai. He quickly looked worried and scooted over to Mitsuri and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you okay, Mitsuri?"

Mitsuri turned her head to him with teary eyes which made Obanai blush under his bandages.