✩ Chapter 3 ✩

Word Count: 1309 words

The world around you was filled with darkness. All you felt was a unbearable pain from your right leg. Slowly, you tried to open your eyes and you still saw darkness. You were leaning on a wall with your legs crossed next to you and your hands were tied behind your back. You looked at your surroundings with your wide opened eyes and saw nothing. It was pitch black.

Where am I...?

The memories of what happened the night before began to flash through your mind. The image of your injured leg made you wince as you felt the pain in your leg again. You wanted to massage it badly but with your tied hands, you couldn't do anything about it. And you didn't feel any more blood dripping down, but it still hurt badly. 

"Finally you're awake."

You immediately turned your attention away from your leg towards the source of the voice and tried to make out the features of the person who was standing in front of you. You noticed the outline of a hat, making you try to move back only to hit the wall again.

"Are you still afraid of me? That's good."

You heard a chuckle and saw Muzan coming closer. You knew you shouldn't give in to fear so you tried your best to stay composed.

"Don't you dare touch me, you filthy demon."

"That's bold coming from someone that's clearly in no position to fight. A persistent one, aren't you?"

"Just get to the point already. Why didn't you kill me?"

"I have my reasons, dear. Now if you wish to see your family again, you'll answer my questions with the answers I need."

You sighed.

"Family? They all died thanks to the likes of you."

"Ah, my apologies. I hope you didn't see such a gruesome scene, did you?"

"Can we just not talk about it?!"

Muzan laughed at your angry tone.

"Of course. Now remember, any unanswered question will have its punishment. Understood?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'll see whether it's worth the question or not."

"Firstly, do you know about the blue spider lily?"

"Blue spider lily? is it a flower?"

"You answer, you don't ask questions, Y/N. Don't waste my precious time."

"Precious time, huh? You're the one who's wasting mine by keeping me here."

"Shut up and answer it before the worse will happen to you."

"Let me think."

Blue spider lily? Isn't that the herb grandma often talked about? The blue one, I think? But why would Muzan be after it? If I remember correctly, it's a common herb in my village, after all. I don't see what's so special about it...

"Time's running out, darling. Do you know about it or not?"

"I..."

You suddenly felt a piercing gaze on you making you tremble.

"You know something, don't you?"

"I- I never said anything yet."

"I know you do. You're bad at hiding your lies. Seems like they didn't teach you how to lie, huh?"

"Look, I don't understand why I should answer anyway. You get the answers you want but you'll going to kill me nevertheless. It's better for me to keep my mouth shut that way."