I need your love

I recommend listening to Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers since it plays a role in this story.

Anyways, enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm standing in the kitchen of Alex and my apartment cooking dinner while dancing to the music playing on the record player. The custom vinyl is playing I gifted Alex to our anniversary last year. All our favorite songs are on it and songs that remind us of our favorite moments together.

It's our weekly date night and since Alex is in the studio today I figured he would be too tired to go out for dinner. I'm humming the melody when I feel two arms snaking around my waist. I turn around bringing my hands to Alex face admiring him. He smiles and it just looks adorable.

"I made us pasta," I say still looking at his beautiful features.

"Smells really nice, baby," Alex says giving me a  peck.

"Well then," I say taking the two plates and leading the way to our dining table.

We take our seats across from each other and I pour us some wine.

"So how was your day?" I ask taking a bite of my pasta.

"It was good, we recorded our third song of the album. What about you?"

"It was alright, after work I just cleaned up a little and then waited for you to come home. Even if you're not on tour with the band I miss you like crazy," I answered taking another bite.

"By the way this pasta is delicious, darling." Alex smiles.

During dinner the room is filled with chatter and a few laughs here and there.

We both ate up and downed the whole bottle of wine now just sitting here looking at each other lovingly until 'Unchained Melody' by The Righteous Brothers plays. Alex gets up offering me to take his hand. I do so and he then grabs my waist whilst I put my arms around his neck. We sway to the music. It is our song. It's the song that played on our wedding when everyone was already gone and Alex and I had our last dance. Just the two of us.

I look into his brown eyes remembering the wonderful moment we shared at our wedding. A smile creeps onto my face.

"What are you thinking about, darling?" Alex asks smiling as well.

"I just remembered our wedding night," I say.

"Oh our wedding night," he smirks raising his eyebrows.

"No not that part," I giggle. "I mean the part where we danced to this song."

"Of course. What about that?" he asks.

"Well you know how the song says 'I need your love'? It's actually true Alex. I need your love because without it I would completely fall apart. I never told you that but the day we met my life became brighter again. You brought me so much light and joy. You saved me, Alex."

"Wow." He his a little speechless searching for his words.

"Darling you make me the happiest man alive. Every day I wake up seeing you next to me, every time I see you at the airport waiting for me, every time I walk through that door knowing you are already there, every laugh we share together makes my heart skip a bit just like the day I met you. I need your love too. To stay sane between all this insane stuff happening. I love you so so much."

I started tearing up already. His words are always so beautiful and touching.

"Don't cry baby," Alex says wiping my tears with his thumb and pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"I guess we both need each other's love." My voice is still shaky but I have a smile on my lips. We both do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was a bit on the shorter side but I hope you still enjoyed it.

-Em XX