Christmas with the Turners

I wake up to our six year old daughter jumping on the bed and Alex next to me groaning.

"Mummy Daddy wake up it's Christmas!" Matilda cheers while jumping up and down.

Alex sits up against the headboard rubbing his eyes. Matilda stops jumping and sits next to him.
She is so excited.

"Daddy come on we have to go downstairs and look for the presents," she says pulling on Alex's arm.

"Okay bean just give Mummy and Daddy a minute," he yawns.

Matilda gets up and starts jumping again. I do the same laughing with her. Not soon after Alex starts laughing too and then gets up opening his arms. Matilda jumps into his arms and I get down from the bed as well. We all go downstairs Matilda almost running to the fireplace where our stockings are hanging.

"Can I open it?" She asks looking at us with big eyes.

"Of course you can, bean," Alex smiles at her.

She wastes no time in opening all the little presents and I can't help but smile at her sparkling little eyes and big smile. After she emptied her stocking she turns around to the tree where a few more presents are laying. She takes a look at them searching for her name. When she finally found it she looks back at us.

"We open them later when the others are here love," I say.

"Ughhh but that takes sooo long," she sighs.

"Come on we eat breakfast and then set up everything for later, you'll see time goes fast," I say holding out my hand for her.

We go into the kitchen and decide on some simple toast for breakfast. After we got ready we start preparing everything. I'm cooking and Alex sets up the table. Matilda sits on the kitchen counter watching me.

"Mummy who is coming later?"

"Oh a lot of people. Grandma and grandpa Turner, uncle Miles, uncle Matt with Amanda and Amelia, Katie and uncle Jamie with their kids and Uncle Nick and his wife," I answer her question.

"Mummy I'm bored," Matilda sighs.

"Why don't you go play then," I suggest.

"But I don't want to play alone. Can't you play with me?"

"Love I have to prepare the food, I'm sorry I can't. But you could ask Daddy," I say stroking her head.

She jumps down from the kitchen counter running to Alex. I can hear her asking him and him answering her that he will play with her when he's done cleaning.

——————————————————————

It's now almost 5pm and the guests will be here soon. I go upstairs to Matilda's room. I lean on the doorframe and they both don't notice. I just adore the daddy daughter moment they have. They both sit on the ground having a tea party with Matilda's stuffies. I then walk into the room sitting down next to Alex on the ground.

"Did you two have fun?" I ask Matilda one of my hands resting on Alex shoulder.

"Yes, we had a tea party and daddy was telling silly stories," Matilda giggles.

"Oh really, that sounds like daddy," I say smiling at Alex. "The guests will be here soon so we should probably go downstairs."

We do so and just as we step into the living room the bell rings. I go to open the door. It's Alex parents.

"Hey come in, good to see you," I say hugging them both. I close the door behind them and lead the way into the living room.

"Grandma, grandpa," Matilda happily yells running to them.

Alex greets his parents as well and we sit down talking.

When Matt, Amanda and Amelia arrive Matilda immediately wants to show Amelia the new toys she got. Not long after all the others arrive and the house is full with adults talking and kids playing and running around. Then we have dinner and share some good laughs.

Now comes the time all the kids are the most excited for. Opening the presents.

"So guys how about we open the presents now?" I ask.

The kids cheer and we gather in the living room. I sit on the armrest of the sofa Alex standing next to me his arm around my shoulders and mine around his waist. We adults watch the kids open their presents. It's so cute how happy they are about their presents.

"Look daddy," Matilda says holding up the doll she got.

"That's awesome, bean," Alex says smiling at her.

Now that the kids are busy playing it's our turn. We exchange presents and we have a wonderful time. I got Alex a camera he had an eye on for a while. He really is into photography right now and he seems happy.

Everyone is deep in their conversations so Alex takes my hand leading me to the door of the terrace. There hangs a mistletoe. We stand beneath it his hands around my waist mine around his neck just staring into each others eyes.

"I just want to thank you, y/n," Alex says. "For the past eight years and for our wonderful daughter, that you always support me and so much more."

"And I want to thank you Alexander, for being my home and my light in the dark, for our little family and that you're always there whenever we need you," I say still staring at his beautiful brown eyes.

He kisses me deeply and if we didn't have guests or kids running around we probably wouldn't stop. We pull away his forehead resting on mine. We savor the moment when suddenly Matilda comes in hugging us. Alex picks her up and we have a big family hug. I pepper kisses all over her face and she giggles.

"I love you mommy, I love you daddy," Matilda says and it's melting my heart.

We then go back to the others enjoying the rest of the evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay you guys I'm in the mood for Christmas now. I'm probably going to post another chapter soon. Also if you have any requests just comment them here.

-Em XX