Birthday without you

I wake up to my phone ringing Alex name flashing on the screen. I answer his FaceTime call hiding half my face under the cover.

"Good morning birthday girl," he cheerfully says.

"Hey, don't hide your beautiful face from me," Alex chuckles coming a bit closer to the camera.

I pull the cover down to reveal a wide smile to him.

"Now that's a lot better, darling."

"Good morning baby," I yawn. "How was the show yesterday?"

"It was amazing. But that's not important, it's your birthday!" Alex exclaims.

My smile fades remembering that he won't be here to celebrate it with me.

"I'm not in the mood for celebration," I mutter.

"Oh darling, you know I really really want to be with you today but see it that way, it's almost the end of the tour and then I'll be home quicker than you know," Alex explains.

"You're right but it feels like forever," I say a little happier now.

"I know but why don't you get your mind off of all this stuff and show me your dress options." He smirks.

"What makes you think I have more than one option?" I giggle squinting my eyes.

"Darling, we've been together for four years now, I know how indecisive you are," Alex laughs.

"Okay, okay," I laugh getting out of bed phone in my hand walking to the closet.

"Wait I put you down on the dresser so you can see," I say placing the phone on the dresser.

I then go back to the closet pulling out three dresses. I put on the first a long black satin dress.

"Okay baby, this is option number one, simple but classy. What do you think?"

"Oh I think you look gorgeous but I think I have to see you in the other ones," he smiles.

I put on the second dress another black dress but short with ruffles at the bottom that ties behind the neck.

"Option number two," I say coming back in front of the camera.

"Very pretty as well, darling."

I slip out of the dress putting on Option number three my favorite out of the three. A long dark red satin dress with a slit and a waterfall neckline.

"Beautiful darling. I think this is the one. You look absolutely stunning."

"Well thank you Alexander," I say blushing a little. "It was my favorite as well."

I look at the clock. I have to get ready because I go to dinner with Miles and the girls but before that I want to get my nails done.

"Baby I have to get ready now, I hope you have a wonderful show tonight and have lots of fun. I'll call you later. I love you so so much," I say although it hurts a little to end the call.

"Alright darling, have a beautiful day with your girls and Miles. I love you more than you know, bye," Alex says blowing a kiss and then ending the call.

I eat breakfast, brush my teeth and then throw on some casual clothes. Even though I just saw Alex on FaceTime I already miss him. I then go to the nail salon. After that I have a little time left so I quickly take a look into the record store around the corner. I stroll through the isles when I spot a Vinyl I remember Alex was talking about. I take the record going to the register and buying it as a surprise when Alex is back. After that I go back home to get ready for dinner. I put on some make up, do my hair and then slip into the dress Alex helped me choose.

When I get to the restaurant Miles is already there. I hug him and then seat myself next to him.

"Happy Birthday y/n you look absolutely stunning."

"Thank you Miles you don't look so bad yourself," I giggle.

"The girls and I planned a surprise that's why we have to leave the restaurant a little earlier than planned but it's totally worth it believe me," Miles explains not telling me any more details. Obviously it wouldn't be a surprise if he did.

"What are you up to mister Kane?" I ask.

"Well it's a surprise isn't it? So I can't tell you," he chuckles.

The girls arrive and we have a beautiful dinner with lots of laughs. After dinner I pay for our food and we get going. We surprisingly walk back to Alex's and my apartment. We go inside and everything is decorated. While I just stand there admiring their work the girls come out of the kitchen with a cake and all of them sing happy birthday. Miles Leads me to the living room turning on the TV.

"There's your surprise y/n," Miles says motioning to the TV.

It's a live broadcast of the bands show tonight. They are not on stage yet. I can't believe that they did that.

"Omg are you guys serious, that's the best gift ever," I beam hugging all of them.

We then all sit down on the sofa eating a piece of cake watching the boys perform. Then in the middle of the set Alex speaks to the crowd.

"So you guys it's my girlfriends birthday today and it would be amazing if we could sing her happy birthday."

The crowd cheers in agreement.

"Ok on three... one, two, three," Alex counts smiling into the camera.

"Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday deer y/n happy birthday to you," everyone sings.

"You're an amazing crowd, thank you. This next song is called 'I Wanna Be Yours'."

The rest of the show was beautiful and it was truly on of the best birthdays in my life. This day made me realize that Alex is just perfect and I wouldn't want to live a day without him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay guys hope you enjoyed this one. Also do you prefer y/n or should I do names.

Comment here for y/n

Comment here for names

Anyways thanks for reading and vote if you like this book.

Have a good night or day!

-Em XX