Sunset

I wake up at around 8:00 am to the sun shining through the curtains directly onto my face. Alex and I are currently in LA and it's sunny and warm. The perfect day for the beach. Since Alex is still fast asleep I decide to slip out of the bed and make us breakfast. I quietly walk into the kitchen and take a look into the fridge. There are enough eggs and milk to make us some pancakes as well as some strawberries.

I mix the batter and cut the strawberries into heart shaped slices. Then I bake the pancakes and make us some coffee. I put everything on a tray and take the syrup out of one of the cabinets. Then I go back into the bedroom. Alex is still sleeping. He is laying on his belly the blanket only covering his bottom half his hair all fluffy without the gel.

I set the tray on the bedside table an go over to the window to open the curtains. I go back to the bed and sit on my side.

"Alex, wake up baby," I whisper tracing circles on his back. "I made us breakfast."

He turns on his back rubbing his eyes.

"Breakfast?" he asks now fully awake.

"Yeah, breakfast in bed." I smile at him.

He sits up back against the headboard. Even after he just woke up he looks so handsome.

I take the tray from the bedside table putting it between us.

"Pancakes!" I beam.

"How can someone be so energetic already?" Alex laughs.

"Who wouldn't if they could have breakfast in bed with such a handsome man," I flirt.

Alex blushes a little. Then we dive into breakfast. Not to praise myself but it's really good. The pancakes are just so fluffy and I think the idea with the strawberries was really cute.

"This breakfast was delicious, darling," Alex states giving me a kiss.

"Since you made breakfast I'll do the dishes. You get ready I've planned something for today," Alex explaines with a big smile.

I look at him eyebrows raised to indicate him I need a little more information.

"We are going to the beach so why don't you wear that white dress I like so much," he adds while walking into the kitchen.

I walk into the bathroom and get ready. I brush my teeth, do my hair and put on some light makeup. Then I go back into the bedroom and pick the white dress from my closet. I put on a bikini underneath and pack a bag with stuff for the beach. Alex is already dressed and now goes to the bathroom.

I go into the living room only to find a picnic basket. When Alex comes back he takes my hand and twirls me around.

"Beautiful as ever, darling."

We then take our stuff and get into the car. During the ride the windows are open and we sing along to the songs playing on the radio. I look over to Alex who's hand is resting on my thigh the whole entire time. He wears his sunglasses that make him look even hotter. He looks like he came straight out of a James Bond movie.

We finally arrive at the beach. We find a place, spread out our towels and set up an umbrella. I then take off my dress and Alex his shirt. We walk to the water when all of a sudden Alex picks me up and throws me into the cold ocean. After I get up again Alex is laughing. I hold out my hand to him for him to help me get up but when he grabs it I pull him into the water. Now I am the one laughing though not soon after he joins the laughter.

We get out to have a lunch break. Alex brought sandwiches and different fruits as well as some lemonade. We sit there and chat while eating. Then I decide to take out my book because Alex wants to take a nap. I put my head on his chest on of his hands on my thigh and the other behind his head.

——————————————————————
It's getting late so I look up at Alex who woke up a while ago.

"It's getting late, when do you want to go home?" I ask him.

"I wanted to watch the sunset with you. Let's take a walk yeah, it's almost time." He gets up and takes my hand.

We walk along the beach the sun setting until Alex comes to a halt. He puts an arm around my waist and I rest both of my hands behind his neck.

"Look darling, isn't the sunset beautiful?" Alex asks.

I turn my head to look a the sun setting above the water. The ocean is glistening the sun coloring it a light red. When I turn back to Alex he is smiling at me lovingly and when I look down his hand is holding a small silver ring with a tiny diamond in the middle. It's lovely. I look back up again tears in my eyes.

"Darling, we've been together for a few years now and I couldn't imagine my life without you. You're always there for me and you are my biggest supporter. You make me so happy. Will you marry me?"

I'm speechless.

"Y... yes!" I exclaim nodding my head then smashing my lips onto his.

He puts the ring on my finger and I hug him tightly.

"I love you, Alexander. Until the end of time," I mumble into his neck while the sun is almost completely set.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah, I don't know about this one. Should I do a part two about the wedding?

-Em XX