Little Rockstar

I'm sitting at the edge of the bathtub waiting for the time to pass staring at the stick laying on the counter. I have been feeling weird these past few weeks so I decided to take a test. Alex is in the studio and I'm panicking a little. I'm panicking because I don't know if we are ready for a baby or even how to tell Alex if the test is positive. My timer goes off and I mentally prepare myself to flip the test. It takes me some time until I finally flip it over.

Two lines. The second one is not that strong but there definitely is one. At first I'm shocked but then tears of joy fill the corners of my eyes. Alex is in the studio so how do I tell him? Do I call him, go to the studio, break the news to him when he's home? No I have to be absolutely sure. I grab my phone from the counter and make a doctors appointment for tomorrow.  Now I have to hide the test and it's packaging in a place where Alex definitely won't find it. I put the test back into the box and then into my makeup drawer. He surely won't look in there. I'm so excited but nervous at the same time. What will he say?  I want to tell someone but I can't because I want Alex to be the first to know.

I spend the rest of the day cleaning the house and watching my favorite show. Since I don't exactly know when Alex is going to be home I'll make dinner when he's here.

It's almost 9pm when I hear the keys at the door. I can hear Alex throwing his stuff in the hallway and kicking off his boots. I get up from the sofa and walk towards him wrapping my arms around his neck while his wrap around my waist pulling me closer. I give him a quick kiss just admiring him after. He looks tired. I put one hand on his cheek combing through his hair with the other.

"How was your day, baby?" I ask him quietly.

"It was alright. Didn't get much done."

"Don't stress yourself so much, honey. Your work is amazing and you know it takes some time," I try to reassure him.

He nods tiredly. I give him a tight hug.

"What do you want for dinner?"

"Some simple pasta would be nice," Alex answers kissing my forehead.

"Pasta it is then." I look at him smiling. 
"Why don't you change into something more comfortable and I prepare dinner for us," I suggest.

It didn't take long to make the pasta and after we ate we immediately went upstairs to get ready for bed.

Alex is already half asleep my head resting on his chest my hand drawing light circles on his bicep.  I'm thinking about the appointment tomorrow and I'm nervous. I'm going alone and I'm not the biggest fan of doctors but I know what I'm doing it for so it's fine.

———————————————————————

It's the next day and Alex left early this morning to get to the studio and be back sooner than yesterday. I'm making my way to the doctors office now passing a few shops for kids toys and baby stuff. It feels almost like the universe wants to give me a sign. When I arrive i sign up at the front desk and then go sit in the waiting room. I then get called up by the doctor. I go to the room and sit down on the examining table.

"So Mrs. Turner what brings you in today?" the doctor asks.

"I made a pregnancy test and it was positive. At least I think so, the second line wasn't really clear. That's why I'm here I want to be sure."

"Okay then please lay down and expose your stomach so I can do an ultrasound," she says.

I do as the doctor said. She then squeezes the cold gel onto my belly. She turns the screen so I can see exactly what she sees. There is a little bean looking blob on the screen.

"You see that?" the doctor points at the the blob. "That's your baby, congratulations."

I know that the chances of being pregnant were pretty high after the test I took but I'm still shocked. There is a little human growing inside of me.

"And there is the heartbeat," the doctor states.

I can't believe it. Tears of joy are forming in my eyes.

After the ultrasound the doctor gave me the pictures and I made a new appointment. I go back home thinking of ways to tell Alex when I come across the stores for baby clothes again. I have an idea. I walk into on of the stores going to the body section. I look around for a little when I find the most perfect one. I pay for it and walk home. At home I search for a little box to put the pictures and the body in as well as the pregnancy test. After I prepared everything I do some stuff around the house and nervously wait for Alex to come home.

An hour or so later I hear the keys. I can't wait any longer to tell him so I practically sprint to the door.

"Hello darling," Alex greets me with a big smile.

"Hey baby," I say kissing him. "I have a surprise for you."

"A surprise?" Alex raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah, go sit down in the living room I'll go and get it."

He does as I said and I get the box. I then sit next to him handing him the box.

"What's that?" Alex asks smiling.

"Open it."

He opens the box pulling out the body and reading the words written on it 'Little Rockstar'.
He then looks at me and I can see the realization in his eyes.

"Really?" he asks his eyes glistening.

I'm already crying just nodding. He puts the body down hugging me tightly. We just sit like that for a minute or two me just crying into his shoulder.

"Baby there's more," I mumble into his shoulder.

He pulls away looking into the box. He takes out the pregnancy test and the ultrasound pictures admiring them. Seeing a picture of his baby his tears start to fall.

"Since when do you know?" he asks sniffling a little.

"This morning I had the appointment," I answer him.

"And how far along are you?"

"About seven weeks," I replie.

"Wow, that's our baby. Looks like a little bean," Alex laughs.

I chuckle. "That's exactly what I thought. You know I was so nervous to tell you."

"Why, darling,"

"Because you are so stressed with the new album right now and I didn't know if we were ready." I say looking down at my hands.

Alex puts his thumb under my chin and tilts my head up so I look at him.

"Hey, you and this baby," he points at my belly, " are the most important thing in my life right now and as you said making music takes some time. But don't ever be nervous about telling me anything again, okay?"

I nod and he gives me a kiss.

"I love you Alexander"

"And I love you and this little bean," he says resting his forehead on mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so this took me a little to write. Hope it wasn't too cheesy. Do you want a part two?

- Em XX