Movie Night

It's Saturday night and that means movie night. This weekend it's Alex turn to choose two films to watch but he's still in the studio recording their sixth album so I prepare some snacks and put all the ingredients out that we need for the pizza. Just when I put the last bowl of snacks on the living room table the front door opens. I sprint to the door jumping into Alex's arms giggling. I wrap my legs around his waist nuzzling my face into his neck.

"Hello darling," Alex laughs.

"I missed you," I mumble into his neck breathing in his scent.

"I missed you too my love," he says kissing the top of my head.

He puts me down and gives me a proper kiss his beard tickling me. He grew out his beard and hair and I think the new look suits him very well. 

"I prepared the snacks already we only have to make the pizza," I tell Alex who just got out of his coat and shoes.

We both walk into the kitchen. I put on the oven while Alex washes his hands. Then we start putting all the toppings on the pizza.

While the pizza is in the oven we just stand there arms wrapped around each other cuddling in the kitchen.

After ten minutes the pizza is ready and out of the oven. I cut it into pieces and Alex changes into something more comfortable.

"So what movies did you choose?" I ask sitting down on the sofa.

"Well the first one is Blade Runner and the second one is a secret," he smirks.

"Blade Runner? I've never heard of that film before," I say.

"What do you mean you've never seen Blade Runner? It's one of the greatest films of all time," Alex states a little shocked that I've never heard about this film.

"Well then I guess it's time to watch it," I smile. I love when Alex chooses the film for movie night. He is always so excited to show me his favorite films wich is just adorable. I love seeing him like that.

We start the film eating pizza and popcorn. I cuddle up to Alex's side him wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I look up at him admiring him. How did I get so lucky? Throughout the film he whispers little facts about the film to me but I don't mind. I even would listen to him explain the whole film and all facts he knows because it interests me to learn about his favorite things.

After the movie is over I quickly go to the bathroom. When I come back Alex puts a cassette into the TV. Yes a cassette. I look at him confused brows furrowed.

"Believe me darling you will love it," he says smiling at me.

We both sit back down and he presses play.

The song "Love Grows" starts playing and on the screen there is me running through a flower field. The whole film are sequences of me or Alex and I together. It is filmed with one of Alex old cameras. It is so beautiful, I never expected Alex to make a film out of these videos. Some of them are situations where I haven't even noticed Alex recording us. I cry because no one ever made me feel this loved and appreciated but him.

"Oh don't cry darling," Alex says pulling my head to his chest and pressing little kisses to my head.

"That's the sweetest thing someone has ever done for me," I sniffle looking into his eyes tears still rolling down my cheeks. Alex wipes them away with his thumbs smiling at me.

"I love you so so so much," he says.

"I love you even more," I say back kissing him.

We cuddle for a few minutes until we decide to clean up and get ready for bed.

I'm first in the bathroom brushing my teeth when Alex comes in hugging me from behind his chin resting on my shoulder. We look at each other through the mirror. When I'm done I sit on the counter waiting for him to be done. He also brushes his teeth and then washes his face. After that he stands between my legs leaning his head on my stomach and his arms around my waist, eyes closed. I just stroke his head pressing a few kisses to his head in between.

"I'm so happy I found you, Alexander," I whisper,
"you're my forever home. "

"And you are mine," he whispers back now looking at me.

I hop off the counter and we go to bed. I lay down with my head on Alex's chest listening to his heartbeat. It calms me and let's me know that this is not just a dream. I found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, the person I want to raise children with and grow old with.

"Hey Al?" I break the silence.

"What is it darling?" he asks.

"Would you want to have kids one day?"

"Yeah of course. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know. I just thought about it and you would be a really good father," I look up at him.

"You think so?"

"Yes, you would sing to them and show them how to play instruments. You would take late night walks when they can't sleep," I trail off not noticing how lovingly Alex looks at me.

" What are we waiting for?," he quietly says.

"What?"

"Why don't we try for a baby?" he repeats.

"Really? Are you completely sure Alex?" I ask.

"Yes, I've never been so sure of an answer. I love you more than anything and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"Oh Al," I don't know what to say.

"What do you think?"

"Yes, yes let's try for a baby," I say nodding, tears streaming down my cheeks for the second time of the day. I hug him tightly never wanting to let go. He's my home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay she updated! Sorry for the long wait but I've been a bit busy the past days. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

- Em XX