CHAPTER FIVE, both of us?

"So, my dads gonna pick us up from the airport when we land then go to Aliyah's game, we'll stay at my parents house for the night, then leave for Colorado." Maggie explained after the long lasting plane ride to Connecticut.

Delilah nodded along, agreeing to just about everything that came out of her friends mouth. I mean she wasn't just going to complain while she was being invited on her whole winter break vacation.

When the plane landed the girls got off, along with quite a few of Uconn fans who flew in for the game that day. "We don't have that much time to get changed and stuff before the game so we should probably change here. Maggie winced at the thought of changing in the airport bathrooms. But you got to do what you got to do.

Delilah changed into her athletic shorts and a work out tank top. The outfit was very basic white girl of her but she didn't mind very much. She was conformable. Maggie wore something very similar, matching even, just Delilah was wearing a green tank top and Maggie was wearing a red one. They were like christmas colors.

Maggie hurriedly rushed through baggage claim, excited to see her dad.

She introduced her dad to Delilah again and Mr Edwards embraced her with a hug before telling her he was "very glad Maggie chose to invite her." Delilah smiled happily as they rode to Gample Pavilion.

When they got there all of Delilah's nerves had came back. She had went over every possible outcome of today and the only one where she didn't end up seeing Paige or having to talk to her was the ones where Paige was home sick with Covid or Delilah magically got hit by a car while on her way into the building. Neither of which was going to happen. She was screwed.

Delilah was so excited. She was getting ready in her room for Paige's senior night game. Mr Bueckers was going to pick her up on the way to the game. Paige had just stayed at school so that she would be there to warm up. But Delilah on the other hand had went home.

Delilah remembered her senior night. It was so fun, they played their rival school and the bleachers were packed to the limit. She assumed it would be the same thing tonight. Packed house, Paige had said earlier that there was supposed to be close to sold out.

When Mr Bueckers picked her up, Drew was talking her ear off the whole ride there. He told her all about the girl at school who liked him and how they were getting married. Delilah said that she would only approve if she was invited to the wedding.

When the got to school Delilah got out excitedly. She loved going to Paige's games. School basketball season was the perfect time in between club volleyball and School basketball. It was like they planned it around the girls friendship.

She walked in with Drew and Mr Bueckers but eventually left them to stand in the student section. Abigail was waiting for her at the front. Delilah loved abigail so much. She was one of the few people at their lunch table that didn't play on the basketball team so Delilah always had someone to sit with.

She watched Paige take the court and the game began.

"What time do you think the games gonna be done?" Maggie asked as the two girls stood next to Maggie's parents and watched as the Uconn team took the floor. "I don't know, An hour and a half maybe?" Delilah shrugged.

She watched Paige line up for tip of and was immediately thankful that they weren't sitting very close to the court. There was no way Paige could see her from up where they were. Not that they were up super far. Just far enough.

-

Paige was leaving the huddle mid game as her and the rest of her teammates took the court when Aliyah got her attention. She was looking around the stands, like she was looking for something. "What is it?" Paige asked, gaining the taller girls attention as they were waiting for the other team to join them back on the court.

"My sister and her friend are coming to the game tonight, i'm trying to find them." Paige looked around, trying to find them for her.

She saw her mom first and tapped Aliyah's arm, pointing at the group before letting her eyes drift.

Paige's eyes widened and her heart began to beat a few paces faster then she was used to. There she was. Delilah was literally in the building. Sitting in the crowed, watching her play.

It reminded Paige of high school when Delilah would never miss one of her games. God, it was so weird seeing her there. She found herself staring at the blonde. She was laughing at something Maggie had said. Paige frowned. Was Maggie her new Paige?

Delilah turned her head slowly away from Maggie, having the feeling she was being watched. Her heart stopped when she made eye contact with Paige. She didn't know what to do. Was she supposed to smile? She stuck with a small wave.

She didn't even know why she waved. It was all adrenaline coursing through her veins immediately after making eye contact with her old best friend.

Paige raised her left hand that was down by her thigh to subtly wave back. She stared at the girl more obviously now, mouth slightly agape. Not in a weird way like she was creepily admiring her, more like she hadn't thought Delilah would even acknowledge her presence.

"Wait you know Delilah?" Aliyah asked as they watched the other team break out of their huddle. "Yeah." Paige said, keeping it short with her six foot forward, not wanting her to ask to many questions about her and Delilah's relationship. Not relationship that's the wrong word. Friendship, she didn't wasn't Aliyah to ask to many questions about her and Delilah's friendship.

"Well that's good! I was worried both of you would feel out of place at the ski lodge because it was with all of me and Mags's family, but since you guys know each other it'll be fine."

Paige stared at Aliyah's back as she walked away.

"Wait what do you mean both of us?"

A/N I know this chapter was kinda boring cuz it didn't really have anything interesting in the flashback (which was just there to show how different Delilah felt going to Paige's games) but this chapter is just a filler chapter to set up the next few sooo hang tight i guess.