CHAPTER NINE, drews favorite

DELILAH POV

Skiing was no easy skill to master; but I'm positive i'm a pro. Like winter Olympics level skill.

Paige had told domino story at that nights dinner (much to my frustration after begging her not to). So now everyone was planning on staying away from me on the slopes. Not sure why though. I'm genuinely not that bad.

Paige had actually been a lot more friendly to me since last night. Not that Paige was outright rude or anything but it was different now. I guess, I don't know. But anyway It's really nice; because she's actually making an effort when we talk.

Just like old times!

Just kidding.

Things can't go back to the way they were that fast. It just doesn't work like that.

Aliyah, Paige, Maggie and I left a few hours after Aliyah and Maggie's lovely family. By the time Maggie had even woken up and was ready to go it was about two o'clock and everyone else had left at nine.

When we got to the slopes I was practically shaking with excitement. Contrary to popular belief, I am quite a good skier. When I said that in the car earlier it earned a side eye from Paige before she broke out in laughter. That earned her a wack from one of the strongest people on earth. Me.

Not to brag or anything but I did win our Volleyball teams push up challenge. As a freshman! There was also only one other girl participating. But still! I won which makes me one of the strongest people on the planet.

I ignored Paige's amused look and laughed as I ran hand in hand with Maggie to the automatically opening doors of the lodge. When we got in the teenager behind the beat watched us expectantly.

Then! He had the audacity to say we couldn't go on until the rest of our group was with us. Like what- The nerve of people these days! Can't a girl just ride the slopes anymore.

Finally Paige and Aliyah decided to grace us with their presence. Please note my oh so obvious sarcasm. The thing is though, they were walking so slow! And the slopes were so close I could practically feel the cold. I was also standing under a vent.

As we watched them walk over it was as though they were both walking slower then they were before. So I ran towards the two of them and dragged them by the arm, pulling them to the desk. I'm so excited.

I held my arms out in a parallel expression as if pointing out Aliyah and Paige to the man behind the desk like saying "here they are let me go on the slopes." Smiling expectantly I chose to ignore the glare I received from the man.

I led the way out of the lobby. Turning around to show the rest of my group my over exited smileS This was going to be so good.

• • •

Okay, maybe skiing didn't go so well.

But it was fun! After a few hours of being there though, a few of the workers came up to me and were like, "you need to leave" Blah Blah Blah "People are scared for their lives" Blah Blah Blah. Honestly it was so stupid.

But I didn't let it ruin my mood!

Paige was the closest to me out of everyone in the group so together we left. Leaving the Edwards family to spend time with themselves.

We both lived in cold states, if I wanted to slide down a snowy hill I could just visit the nearest park. We found the car we dove here in and road to the nearest Taco Bell. God, I love Taco Bell. There was so much traffic on the way though.