CHAPTER FIVE, my girl does have a pretty face

I HATE SOUNDING LIKE A CLINGY girlfriend but like...I hate being away from Paige. We barely get to see each other because of school so summer really is the only time we get to really be around each other. AND I'VE BARELY SEEN HER ALL DAY!

Alli had been ready to go shopping since we set our bags down after the beach. The night before she barged into me and Paige's room (at not the most wanted time) and showed us her list of stores she wanted to visit. 

Now i'm not going to sit here and say "oh I hate shopping" and "oh i'm not girly at all" because I am. I love shopping. I love being a girl. I mean, my favorite thing to do in the morning is get ready. I just don't like being away from Paige. 

But anyway back to present. We had been shopping for the past two hours. Going from store to store. So far I had spent one-hundred and seven dollars. Yeah. 

But it's okay! Our NIL manager at Minnesota called me the other day to tell me Nike wanted to partner together. So...I have money to spend. Go me!

"Is this cute?" Allison asked me, holding a yellow knit top up to her chest. I shrugged. "I think the green one would look better with your eyes." She nodded, grabbing the green top of the shelf. 

I walked through the isles of Plato's Closet, nothing really catching my eye. Until I saw a dress that looked just like the free people dress i'd been wanting to buy for the past month. I quickly backtracked, reaching to grab it. 

I tried to pull but someone on the other side was grabbing at it as well. It was another girl. Obviously. I really didn't want to get into a shopping fight with some random girl but I really wanted that dress. 

Thankfully I didn't have to though. She pulled her hand away. "Sorry!" Oh thank god. She's nice. "No! you're completely fine." I awkwardly put the dress under my arm. Now I kinda feel bad. "What's your name? I don't recognize you. Tourist?" 

The way she said it made me a little more uncomfortable. "Yeah! Me and my friends," I pointed at Allison and Maggie who were trying on sunglasses. "and my girlfriend and hers are all in town for the summer." 

The girl nodded with a smile. "Oh cool! I'm Julia." 

"Delilah." I opted out of telling her my last name. Just in case. 

"What's your instagram?" Well there goes my plan of keeping my "secret identity" I asked her to hand me her phone, typing my name into the search bar then following. "Cool, thanks!" She didn't even look down at her phone when I gave it back to her. Shoving it in her pocket.

"Bye!" She then walked off. Weird. 

I wanted to get out of that store as soon as possible. We paid and left. That was the last store on Allison's list so we were done. Only spending one-hundred and fifty dollars! Might be a little broke till that NIL deal. 

urmomsfavpisces posted!