CHAPTER SIX, the calm before the storm

[INSTAGRAM} jjuliahale requested to send you a message!

ACCEPT       IGNORE

Julia Hale

HEY! its Julia from plato's closet

my friends having a party tomorrow night i can send you the address!

you and your group should totally go

Delilah Sinclair

i'll ask them!!

u can send it and ill lyk if we end up going 

Julia Hale

okay!!

**** ******** **

there u go!

Delilah Sinclair hearted "there you go!"

"I MEAN WHO DID SHE THINK SHE WAS?" I set my phone down on me and Paige's bed. I would ask them in the morning. When Paige wasn't angrily pacing around our room. 

She had been ranting about black haired girl from the basketball court (who I had leaned was named Morgan) for the past thirty minutes. She hadn't sat down since everyone else went to their rooms. 

I on the other hand was exhausted and tired from being out all day with people so I was under the covers just watching her. 

I'm not going to sit here and say I didn't feel bad. Paige was genuinely upset and I was too honestly. Morgan was a total bitch but there was nothing we could do about it. 

Ugh. I hate people. 

"There's nothing we can do about it to change her own actions. Come lay down." I patted the spot next to me. Paige sighed. Putting her hands on her hips, looking up at the ceiling. She looked like a mom. Live laugh love mommy issues. Anyway.

Finally Paige walked forwards towards the bed. I sat up and reached for her with grabby hands. She stood next to the bed, not sitting or laying down. Someone still had to turn of the bathroom light. 

"You don't like Morgan?" I sent her a deadpanned look. 

"I met Morgan today for like two seconds, no of course I don't." Paige fiddled with my fingers, looking down at me. 

"You like me?" I breathed out a laugh. 

"Paige Maddison Bueckers, I have the biggest crush on you." Paige laughed, a small smile on her face. 

"Really?" I nodded as Paige started to walk backwards towards our bathroom to turn the light off. Trying to keep our hands interlaced until we both had to let go. Once she let them go she started running towards the bathroom. I heard a click before I saw Paige running straight back at me.

Not slowing down until she jumped at me at full speed. I yelped and Paige only laughed. She got under the covers with me and rested her head on my chest. "I love you." I smiled, planting a short kiss on her forehead. 

"I love you." 

* * * 

SUPRISE SUPRISE ALLISON WAS completely on board when I told her about Julia's party. Also unsurprisingly, Maggie was not. She was exhausted from being around people all day for the past two days and wanted to stay home. Honestly same but whatever. 

It didn't take Maggie long to get on board though once Nika said she wanted to go. No surprise there. Simp. 

Her only condition was that we don't do anything today so that she would have time to charge her already drained social battery. Honestly, if she hadn't said it I would've. We've been going here there everywhere for the past two days and I was exhausted.

Azzi and I made lunch at home. She made the fruit salad and I made french toast. Not to toot my own horn or anything but I think it turned out really good. Not bad for a girl who was banned from the dorm room kitchens. 

After plating the food, both me and Azzi stared down at our art work. "We should quit college and become chefs." Honestly, as I flipped over one of the french toast sticks so no one could see how burnt it was on the bottom, I couldn't agree more. 

While I was pouring myself a cup of orange juice in the kitchen I couldn't hear Paige telling the rest of the girls to tell me the foods good. It is good. I have no idea what she's talking about. 

"Food is served!" Me and Azzi announced, walking through the  kitchen doors into the dining room. I sat down next to Paige. Obviously. Azzi on my other side. 

Paige sent me a smile as she grabbed a singular piece of toast. That was a common theme, everyone around the table only  grabbed one piece. I didn't grab any. Not wanting to get any black char in my teeth.

The table was silent for a second before Allison bit into her french toast and it made a particularly loud crunch. Paige sent her a look. Having already told everyone to eat slowly so this wouldn't happen. 

Me and Azzie exchanged a look, suppressing our laughs. 

We're definitely going to be professional chefs one day. 

azzi35 posted to their story !

TAGGED: lilah.sinclair