CHAPTER SIXTEEN, paper rings and ice cream

congratulations!
new character unlocked

congratulations! new character unlocked

Sissy Sheridan as Allison Booker !

baddies w no daddies! (minus maggie)
maggie
allison
delilah

Alli
hey!!! tell your girlfriends i say congratulations and good luck for making it to the final four!!

lilah
they both say thank youuuu
miss u alli

mags
❤️❤️❤️

Alli
of course!!
now don't let me take up to much time
u guys hang out w ur girlfriends!!!
love you

lilah
we love you too alli

I GUESS ALLISONS GOOD LUCK didn't work to the point of helping very much. Connecticut had lost to Arizona in the final four. Paige was beyond upset. Same as everyone else. Fan and Player.  She wouldn't let go of my hand from the moment she left the locker room till she and I drove back to her hotel room. She started packing almost as soon as we got there. Not even waiting a few seconds to take in how far they had gotten before the one loss.

"It's okay. There's still three more years to win a national championship." She said finally after taking a few seconds to respond to my "how are you feeling?" I knew how but had to ask to fill the depressing silence.

She took a deep breath. Her chest heaved slowly. She looked completely worn out. Exhausted. "Exactly." I smiled sadly. I wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her into a long hug.

"March madness is over. That means your gonna have to go home soon." She frowned, sitting down on the bed. Pulling me down with his. Arms still wrapped around my waist.

Worst part about stupid long distance. "You can call me whenever you want. We'll be together over summer break I promise." I fiddled with a few of the rings on her fingers.

"That's so far away." I took a deep breath. Trying to keep my emotions on the low. Not wanting the conversation to get to emotional. Honestly i've said it once and i'll probably say it a million times, long distance relationships hurt like a bitch.

Okay we're done moping. I stood up, grabbing her hands. "Come on." She looked up confused but stood up anyway. "Where we going Lilah?"

"We're gonna spend the rest of the night together before both of us have to leave."

A small smile on her face grew slowly. She let me pull her out of the room, to the door of the hotel room. Following behind like she was tied to me by some invisible string.