CHAPTER EIGHT, airplane movies

Paige didn't know how to talk to Delilah at this point. Before yesterday it was easy just to ignore her because she knew that Delilah probably hated her guts because of Paige admitting to liking her; which ruined their friendship.

But now that she knew Delilah in fact didn't know Paige was secretly in love with her. Everything was so different. She should have taken in to account how slow Delilah's brain worked in social situations all those months ago, instead of assuming she knew what Paige meant.

Leave it to Delilah to be convinced Paige was in love with someone else while she confessed her love.

Paige took responsibility of the misunderstanding. Her confession wasn't really a confession. It actually wasn't clear at all.

Now that she thought about it again, if Paige had heard Delilah say all of that she would think she was in love with someone else too. Next time she would make sure Delilah knew she was talking about her. If there was a next time.

Oddly enough,  it was when Paige actually wanted to see and talk to Delilah that she seemed to be on a different planet then the one Paige was on. But when she was avoiding her every move it was like everywhere Paige went Delilah was already there.

The Edwards family plus Delilah and Paige were packing the one car they were all taking to the airport as Mr Edwards shoveled the driveway so that they had a clear path out.

Delilah had been distracted by Maggie all morning. She had decided to wake Delilah up at six in the morning to mess with her and from then on the girls had been attached by the hip.

It was frustrating because Paige needed to talk with Delilah without Maggie but Delilah was never without Maggie so she could never talk to Delilah.

Another added effect of Maggie making the stupid decision to wake up Delilah at the crack of dawn was that she had awoken a girl that needed at least nine hours of sleep before she got those nine hours of sleep.

Now before you think that Delilah turns into a grumpy monster when she doesn't get enough sleep, she doesn't. But when a girl who already is always tired and can probably fall asleep in any moment, doesn't get enough sleep, it's like giving the blonde sleeping pills.

Delilah's eyes fluttered in between seeing the seat in front of her in the suv and seeing a black wall that was her eye lids. Paige watched amused, no one in the car had noticed the girl's exhaust except herself.

Once the car stopped in the airport parking lot everyone got out and grabbed their suit cases. They loaded the airport branded van that was going to drop them off outside of security.

Delilah let her fingers absentmindedly fiddle with the straps of her carry on as they waited, if she wasn't so tired she would probably be inching to get off of the enclosed automobile as soon as she could. But now, she could barely keep her eyes open long enough to scroll around the different apps in her phone.

When the group got on the plane both Maggie and Delilah exchanged a very confused and wide eyed look as Maggie's parents started talking about who would be taking the window seat.

Now this wouldn't be a problem except it was three people to a seat and it seemed both Maggie's mom and dad expected their youngest daughter to sit with them.

Maggie mouthed "sorry" to her friend who was setting her bag down onto the isle seat of Aliyah and Paige's row. Paige sent her a confused look leading to Delilah pointing at the filled cluster of seats next to them. Paige nodded understandingly.

The plane ride was three hours long so Delilah had brought her school computer to watch movies on. Her plan was to finish the entirety of Criminal Minds series, Amaya had suggested it last weekend when they went out for lunch while Delilah was home.

It only took one episode for the blonde to completely wipe out and fall asleep with her head against the back of the seat.

June 16 2018

Delilah and Paige were on their way to Tennessee for one of Paige's unofficial collage visits. The ride to the airport and the wait for boarding consisted of talking about random drama that either girls had heard and Paige making fun of Delilah for being afraid of airplanes.

But honestly it was a common fear! Delilah had watched a movie where the two main characters had died in a plane crash and it scared the crap out of her.

Paige said she was being to dramatic and the odds of them dying in a plane crash were like basically zero. Still didn't help take off.

Delilah was practically shaking in her boots as the plane started moving out away from the airport. Wide eyed, Delilah kept her eyes glued to the window the whole take off.

Although Paige had made fun of her friend she could tell she was genuinely scared so she reached over and grabbed her hand.

Delilah sent her a grateful look and leant her head on her shoulder. Paige handed her the left ear of her wired headphones and Delilah tuned out the rest of the take off.

At first Paige ignored the shoulder brushing, ignoring the change in the pace of her heartbeat. She kept her eyes on her book, not wanting to look over and accidentally make awkward eye contact with the girl next to her.

It was only when she had to catch the falling computer that was previously lying on Delilah's lap before it fell on the floor. Her legs had moved in her sleep and the computer had lost its position. Delilah was such a deep sleeper that she hadn't even noticed the disturbance. And neither did Aliyah who was asleep on Paige's other side.

Paige tried to tap the girl next to her, attempting to wake her up but Delilah didn't budge. Or at least she didn't wake up. Delilah stirred in her sleep making Paige think she was successful but Delilah's head only fell on top of her shoulder.

Paige's eyes widened, looking down at the blonde. Her arms stiffened before taking a deep breath and attempted to keep her focus on her book.

Slowly, Paige's own eyes started dropping. The feeling reminded her of the bullshit Delilah used to say when they were younger about how normal it was to feel tired around those you love because you are comfortable around them. Maybe it wasn't compleat bull.

Quietly and Slowly; Paige put her bookmark back into the book on the Paige she had just finished reading. Delilah always had this thing against doggy earring in the books she would let her borrow and the Delilah made habit never left the blonde.

Resting her head on top of Delilah's own, Paige closed her eyes as sleep overtook her. There was still two more hours in the plane ride and Delilah only slept for another hour before waking up.

Her eyes widened and as if Paige could sense the girl under her was awake she lifted her own head up.

Delilah pretended like nothing had even happened. She opened her computer, picking up her AirPod case off of the floor and connected them to her computer. She flicked to the next unwatched episode of Criminal Minds and put it on.

Paige sighed, moving to grab her book to read again. Her eyes did a double take as she saw Delilah holding an AirPod out for her.

It was almost like an offering. Delilah wasn't looking at her or even acknowledging her own actions but subtly smiled when Paige took the headphone from her hand. Together they watched movies and tv shows for the next few hours.

A/n sorry guys, i posted all of the drafts i had saved so now i'm writing them the day i post so i can't really promise a daily posting schedule anymore but i'll try!