CHAPTER ELEVEN, delilah only kisses people shes dating

WATCHFUL EYES EXAMINED DELILAH'S every move as she ranted to Maggie about some of the boy volleyball players at Minnesota. Apparently they had complained to the head of the athletics program that the boys didn't have enough time in the gym, leading to the girls gym schedule being shortened. Causing Delilah to riot.

Paige watched her every move with a small smile. Ever since last night she couldn't take her eyes off of the blonde volleyball star; and when she wasn't in her presence the thought of her never left the back of Paige's mind. She wanted to know what they were. She knew what she wanted at least, both girls had waited long enough for whatever was about to come next.

It was the last day they had together in Colorado. The last 24 hours before Delilah went back to Minnesota and Paige to Connecticut. Maybe it would be better if the girls remained friends until they were able to be around each other now.

Paige- no.

They had waited long enough.

"Lila, can I talk to you for a sec?" Delilah smiled and nodded, trying to look as approachable as possible to hide her nerves.

She followed Paige down to the basement where a pool table was set up next to a line of TV's. Definitely used for the football seasons.

"How'd you sleep?" Delilah asked, awkwardly shifting left and right on her feet, leaning against the pool table. She turned away, staring at her feet once her eyes met Paige's hardened gaze.

"I'm not doing small talk Lila. I don't want to go back to the way things were and i'm definitely not gonna pretend last night didn't happen." Delilah subtly sighed in relief.

"When I woke up this morning you weren't there so I kind of assumed you uh thought the kiss was a mistake or something." She rambled on and on. Paige watched her talk resisting smiling at just the sound of the girls voice.

How could she even possibly think that. Well actually, she knew why she would think that. Paige had to get up earlier then Delilah because Aliyah was texting her about shooting around in the back yard and she didn't want Aliyah barging in and waking Delilah up.

"And I know that I was overreacting— sorry sorry I take it back. I wasn't over reacting i know you hate when people say that. But I know you don't regret the kiss. I mean... you don't right?" Delilah blabbered on, choosing to ignore the way Paige's eyes were shifting from her own to her mouth. Keeping in mind how close they were. Delilah was leaning against the pool table, Paige in between her legs.

"And then when—" Her words were cut short just before the girls could begin another long ramble. Paige had cut her off with not words but her lips. Pushing her back against the pool table.

The blonde volley ball star tried to hide her surprise by the kiss but she was still somewhat shocked when Paige pulled away, laughing at the star struck expression on the girl that she had just kissed's face.

"As that a good answer?" Delilah laughed at the reference from last night. Definitely. But you have to stop doing that, I was talking about important things." Delilah laughed, resting her head against Paige's chest so that she couldn't see the red coated against her cheeks.

"You think everything that comes out of your mouth is important." Paige laughed. "It is!" She said defensively. "Oh i'm sure." Paige added, faking a voice of agreement, earning a smack on the back of her head.

"So does this mean we're like..." Delilah pulled away, looking at Paige straight in the eye. Watching her face lift into a grin. "What do you want us to be?" Always turning the question away from herself so she didn't have to answer.

"Why do you make me do all of the hard stuff." Delilah groaned making Paige snort.

Delilah stared up at the blonde in front of her, a small smile worn on her face as she watched Paige's focus flicked from her eyes back down to her lips for the second time that day; but Delilah wasn't going to let Paige kiss her without letting her say what she wanted to say.