CHAPTER TEN, paige doesn't love me

lilah.sinclair posted to her story!

SUMMER FOR D1 ATHLETES were coming to an end way to soon for comfort

SUMMER FOR D1 ATHLETES were coming to an end way to soon for comfort. it made me sad, waiting in the airport for our plane ride home.

i mean sure, charleston had some interesting people and experiences but it was still a lot of sun.

me and alli had a competition going to see who could get the most tan over the month we were there.

alli won but that's not very important.

i'm tanner on the inside and that's all that matters.

"we can go back next year." paige consoled me as i refused to leave her arms. refusing to leave south carolina in general as well.

she rubbed my shoulder and i buried my face further in her chest.

she wrapped her arms around my back, connecting her two pinky's behind my back, pulling me closer.

"but it won't be the same."

i felt paige's chuckle on the back of my neck. "i hope it's not."

i cracked a smile, pulling away from my girlfriend.

maggie was watching us in amusement from ahead in the long line waiting to get on the plane.

"me neither."

paige grinned at me, wrapping her left arm around my shoulder, basically dragging me through the line.

i took one last look through the large oversized airport window before scanning my ticket and boarded the plane.

i fiddled with paige's fingers on her hand that wasn't resting around my shoulder as we picked our seats.

i could see out of the corner of my eye paige looking down at me, a small smile on her face.

me, my amazing girlfriend, and azzi ended up sharing a row. alli, maggie, and nika across from us. aaliyah was sitting in front of us with some people i didn't know the names of.

i watched out the window as we took off. i was in the window seat, (of course) paige was in the middle and azzi  was by the isle.

"what time are we getting home?"

paige glanced over at me, immediately picking up my hand to hold.

she shrugged. "not sure, probably around five or six." it was three thirty right now.

i nodded, "so way to late to do anything besides sleep."

paige sent me a look. "delilah we can do thinks after six o'clock?"

was she for real right now?

that's like against the law! we've been at the airport since me ten o'clock and she thought we could do anything besides stay in and watch gossip girl??

no chance.

"paige no, it's the middle of june. i'm on my grandma sleeping and eatimg schedule."

now your probably wondering, "delilah, why the duck are you going back to school?? you've only been in summer for a few months?"

to answer your question i know you were thinking, both me and paige had summer training for sports.

actually as i think about it, everyone in the group did. besides allison i mean but she helped with media during the summer so she had to be back in minnisots with me and maggie by next week as well.

"you're right, i'm sorry lilah."

something in my gut told me she didn't mean it.

"do you want to watch smurf's?" i asked, looking through which movies the airplane offered on my computer.

"no not really."

excuse me?

my hand hovered over the touchpad for a few seconds in shock. the mouse was just about to hit play because i hadn't expected her to say no.

"what?" my mouth was dropped open wide.

i reached over paige to tap azzi abruptly on the shoulder.

time to be a tattletale!

"azzi," i wined in a hush, not wanting to wake anyone around us up.

"paige told me she doesn't love me anymore and hopes i die."

paige flicked me on the forehead, pulling me by the back of my shirt so that i was back in my seat.

"i never said that, i just said i didn't want to watch smurf's!" her whisper shout made me laugh.

azzi looked between us shocked, an amused look on her face. "you said you didn't want to watch smurf's?!"

i pointed at azzi, my eyes on paige, hoping azzi had just proved my point. "see...!"

paige rolled her eyes, using her own hand to press play on the computer.

i grinned happily, raising the bar between me and paige so that i could snuggle into her side as comfortably as possible on an airplane.

she ran her hands through my hair for who knows how long because i fell asleep. i woke up when the plane landed.

back in connecticut :(

a/n

-neverbesatisfied-  your turn ‼️