CHAPTER SIX, can we talk?

Delilah and Maggie were waiting by the court with Maggie's parents as they waited for Aliyah and her friend to change so that they could leave and go home. As mean as it sounds, Delilah was ready to get out of that stadium. One, she had either been at the airport or on a plane all day so she was a bit cranky, Two, she didn't really want to run into Paige.

But of course it was like the devil read the thoughts circulating her brain because our walked Paige and Aliyah.

Wait.

No.

Please no.

If Paige and Aliyah were walking out together with no one behind them then that means...No. Paige was the other friend coming on the ski trip.

Aliyah smiled at all of her family. Paige got pulled into a hug by both of the Edwards parents, much like Delilah had at the airport. Then she dabbed up Maggie who had just gotten out of a hug from her sister who had moved to hug Delilah.

Paige's eyes awkwardly darted around the court, not knowing how to approach Delilah. She knew she couldn't just pretend she wasn't there. But luckily the blonde basketball players thoughts were cut short by being embraced by the volleyball player.

Both girls held onto the moment as it happened. Paige wrapped her arms around the small of Delilah's back. While Delilah hugged her with her arms around Paige's neck, her head on her shoulder. Delilah had even shut her eyes into the hug. Then realized what she was doing. Not that hugging was bad, it was just who she was hugging.

Delilah was the one to pull away. Paige stepped back awkwardly. Luckily the awkward silence wasn't there for long because Maggie practically dragged her out of the gym and back to the car that they had drove here in.

Paige and Aliyah followed behind the two other freshman. Aliyah watching in amusement as her sister dragged her friend around to find the car. Paige on the other hand wasn't really staring at the moment but more Maggie's hand that was clutched around Delilah's.

Not that Delilah and Maggie were in any way romantically significant to each other but in Paige's eyes every subtle touch was a sign of Delilah being in love with her best friend. Because that's what she was those few months ago, and all the years before that. In love with her best friend.

"Which one do you think looks better?" Delilah asked as her and Paige sat in the Fro Yo shop break room. Honestly she wasn't even sure why she was still working there, she was leaving in like two weeks for collage.

Paige looked up from her phone, pointing at the second graduation dress Delilah had showed her through the screenshots on her phone.

Delilah smiled, hearting the image in her phone, already planning on buying that one. It was the same one that Abigail and Drew had already picked.

"So this Saturday for movie night I was thinking we could watch pitch perfect." Delilah nudged Paige's shoulder excitedly while she sat on her phone. Paige looked up smiling subtly before frowning and throwing her head back groaning.

"I forgot to tell you, I can't do movie night this weekend." Delilah sat her phone down in shock. "Wait why?"

"I kinda made plans with a friend for Saturday."

Delilah frowned. She fidgeted with the bracelet on her wrist. A thin silver one that Abigail had gotten her for her birthday last year. It had a pink heart in the middle and Delilah never took it off.

"Oh, who?" She asked subtly, trying not to seem like she cared too much while intently examining the wall to the side of them both. It was brightly colored in bright pink with green stripes.