Chapter Fifteen:

Beck is so excited that he zooms around the island in the kitchen, his magician cape flying behind him.

"Want to help me make the butterbeer before we start the movie?" I ask him and start placing everything on the counter.

He comes to a dead halt, his eyes nearly bulging out of his head. "You're letting me drink beer?" He says the word like I'm about to inject him with meth. He then brings his hands together, touching each of his fingertips to each other with a mischievous smile. "I get to drink beer!" He then throws his arms in the air with glee. "Beer, beer, beer, I get beer."

I giggle. "Butterbeer. It's from the movie."

"Will I get drunk?" He asks innocently and wanders over next to me, his eyes peering at the ingredients.

"No, you won't get drunk."

His head falls back, hair falling off his face. He puffs out his bottom lip. "No fun."

"You want to get drunk?" I ask him.

He nods. "Yeah, I'm old enough."

"Oh, you are, huh?" I reach out and tickle his sides, and he bursts out laughing, darting away from me. "Come on, help me, you goof."

He jumps up onto the counter and sits criss-cross on top. "How can I assist you, madum." He says the word wrong, but I don't correct him because he's so cute with his little voice.

I open up the cabinets, trying to find the blender. When I finally do, I plug it in and pop the top off. "Okay, first we need ice. I'll grab that." I move over to the freezer and fill the blender with some ice, then place it back in its spot.

"What's next?" Beck asks.

"Now we need to add scoops of ice cream. Want to do that part?"

He nods and grabs the ice cream scooper. He digs it into the ice cream, then plops it into the blender before adding a few more scoops. I instruct him to add the cream soda and butterscotch syrup next. "Mom never lets me eat ice cream. Or junk food. She says I'll get diab...diabittites."

I stifle a laugh. "Diabetes, and don't worry, you won't get diabetes. Especially not from this. It's what all the wizards drink." I put the top on the blender and press the button. Beck squeals with excitement at the loud noise and watches everything get stirred up.

When it's done, I pour us each a drink into the large beer mugs, then add some whip cream to the top with some butterscotch dribbled on top. "Try it." I say, sliding his over to him.

He eagerly brings it to his mouth and takes a sip. When he places it back down, whip cream is on his upper lip, and he smacks his lips together. "That's the bestest thing I've ever had!" He quickly grabs the cup and begins chugging more.

"Save some for the movie." I laugh and usher him over to the couch. Once he's situated on the couch, I pour some vanilla vodka into my drink and stir it around. Ellis hasn't left his office, and I don't want to disturb him.

When I take a seat on the couch with Beck, my eyes keep glancing towards the archway of the room, hoping Ellis comes and joins us. I press play and watch as Beck becomes hyper-focused on the movie, in complete awe straight away.

***

The movie is halfway through when Ellis appears in the room. Beck hardly notices his arrival as his eyes remain glued to the movie and his empty butterbeer mug perches on the coffee table.