Chapter 28

"Dan get up it's holiday time," Phil said, nudging him softly and making his eyes flutter open.

"What time is it?"

"Ten,"

"That's early- no wait, that's okay," he mumbled as he propped himself up on his elbows and clumsily kissed Phil's ear, a smile spreading over his face. "It's our valentines weekend," he grinned and Phil couldn't help but smile back.

"I get to not be worried about running into someone we know," Phil added happily.

"Except our parents,"

"I don't think they care about that," Phil said truthfully. "Or they are very open to our 'brotherly' relationship." he giggled and Dan rolled his eyes.

"Boys are you getting up?" they heard Tim yell from outside their room.

"Yeah,"

"Well hurry up and come eat breakfast in your pyjamas," Tim told them. "Actually Dan we would all prefer it if you wore more than your pyjamas," he added as an afterthought and Dan huffed.

"Why is it so wrong to wear my boxers around the house?" he whined and Phil was pretty sure Tim was rolling his eyes through the door.

"Because one, we don't want to see that and two, it's winter and you will freeze. And the third reason is the first one again because your underwear choices will lead to bad jokes," Tim told him and Dan frowned. "Now come on before your mother throws cereal at you." he said and they heard his footsteps move away.

"I like seeing you like that," Phil told him gently when Dan's face had fallen. "You've always been beautiful, even in streetlight. And anyway he just meant it in the way that he doesn't want you to be cold and have to go back upstairs to be warm and also so we don't have to see your overly colourful japanese boxers as they are so bright they hurt even if they are very comfy which I totally don't know at all-" Phil shut up when he realised how embarrassing what he was saying was but Dan just leaned forwards and kissed his cheek.

"How do you know instantly about what gets to me and how can you fix it so easily?" Dan asked rhetorically as he stared at Phil's face almost in disbelief. Phil just smiled at him shyly and shrugged and Dan rolled his eyes, kissing him again. "You are way too modest,"

"You're not saying I should go down in my boxers are you?" Phil asked and moved his arms around his bare torse a little self-conciously.

"No, that's a sight just for me." Dan said, running a hand up Phil's side gently. His bruises had faded long ago but due to cuts and scrapes Phil had recieved some scars, which naturally he hated as they reminded him of the pain he had gone through and then resurfaced bad memories. Dan was the only one he would really let see them.

"And you're gorgeous, scars and all, so if you did go down in just your boxers I bet swarms of boys would pile into our house to drool over you," Dan teased and Phil blushed. "Not that I want that,"

"Shut up and put some pyjamas on, your sonic boxers are blinding me." Phil mumbled, but squeezed his hand in appreciation anyway.

*

They went down and ate some cereal before being forced to dress extremely quickly and then dragged into the car, being told they had better have everything or, how Ellie put it- 'any whining will end up in death. Your deaths.' which went to show how tired ans stressed she had been from work and needed this holiday.

The car journey was long and when they got to the little town Dan's suitcase accidentally spilled everything over the hotel lobby but they managed to check in okay and get to their rooms without setting fire to anything.