Chapperiter 13

Around 8600 words, so get comfy (seriously)

Phil's last week at school wasn't as terrible as he was expecting it to be.

As it was nearly Christmas, a lot of the teachers were letting the lessons slide and just putting on movies or letting the kids do whatever they want. Honestly, it was great. Another fantastic thing was how David had been excluded. Apparently he had stamped on someone's head at the school gates for accidentally falling on his and he was excluded until after Christmas. The rest of his gang were too much of cowards to attack Phil while David wasn't there, so he only got the occasional shove and rude remark, but otherwise, he was going untouched. It was great.

After science on Tuesday (which turned out to be Finding Nemo) Phil made his way to the library.

"Oi Phil," he heard someone call and he turned around, and sighed sarcastically.

"What is it Jason?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. An actual look of worry flashed over Jason's face while he stood there. "Oh are you just going to stand there?" Phil asked him tiredly and Jason straightened out and strode towards him, but once he was close he ducked his head a little shy.

"Your backpack's open," he whispered, before looking frightened and walking away, like nothing had happened. Phil stared after him, looking really confused before dropping his bag off his shoulder and realising it was open, before closing it and continuing on his way to the library.

He continued on his way and walked by Jason who was back with Shaan and Mark, leaning against the lockers and talking to them, their backs turned to Phil as he passed, but Jason caught his eye and Phil mouthed a thank you to him, and he would swear he saw Jason's lips twitch slightly into a smile.

Phil smiled to himself as he kept walking, reaching the almost dead library and dumping his bag beside a beanbag in the corner before walking over to the shelf where he had discovered more recently had the manga Death note books. He pulled the 4th one off the shelf (as that was where he had got up to) and went back to his beanbag, slumping down and beginning to read it.

He honestly quite liked Light. He didn't agree with what he was doing, but just like Moriarty, he quite liked the hot psychopath thing he had going on. It was really weird how he looked like Dan though, but Phil didn't let that bother him. Yeah, of course he thought Dan was handsome, he just didn't think about him in that way, he was his best friend, and just that. The email he must have sent to Oli must have made it sound a bit weird, but now it made Phil chuckle. Did he really think like that? Ha, he was such a doofus.

*

He got home joyfully unscarred and went straight up to his room. He had already ordered Dan a Christmas present (Phil was 100 percent certain Dan would love it) off Amazon, but he wanted to do something else for him.

He locked his door and sat at his desk, pulling out his sketchbook and pencils before tapping his pencil against his lip, wondering what to draw for him. He thought back to their time together and decided he wanted to give Dan a picture of their friendship. But which memory should he chose? He didn't want to choose just one, so maybe he should do a lot of them, joined together. But he would need better paper for that, which he could easily steal from the art department, or buy some from a shop, maybe even a canvas.

He decided to start sketching out ideas of the memories he liked and where they could go. One of them was definitely the night they spent at the fairground, Dan looked so happy in the swirling lights. Phil remembered the pictures on Dan's camera that they had when they were there in the swing boats, which would be perfect for him to copy as part of it. He would have to secretly steal it when he next went over. Maybe he could ask Ellie if he could use her room and if she would help him get to picture to copy.