Chapter 18

Hahahahhaa (nervous laughter)

"Phil, you okay to go?" Dan asked after lunch.

"Yeah, it's gonna be weird going back though, it hardly seems like I live there at all," Phil said.

"You don't now," Dan reminded him and Phil chuckled at his ignorance.

"Oh yeah,"

"You're such a ditz." Dan smiled, before he pulled out his phone and started texting, turning all his attention to his phone and blanking Phil completely. Phil coughed awkwardly and shifted around, but Dan didn't look up so he started to pull on his coat and fixed his hair in the hallway mirror.

"Hey Phil, I should say, about last night, I-"

"Ready to go boys?" Ellie interrupted, walking into the hallway and Dan sighed before putting on a smile and nodding. Something was wrong and Phil could see it clearly.

"Yeah, let's go get me a brother! But I get to choose please, I want a cute one," Dan said like a child and Ellie laughed.

"Fine honey you can pick the one you want," Ellie said as if they were choosing a pet dog from a shelter. "But don't pick the one you just find cutest," Ellie pretended to scold.

"Aw but I wanted this one," Dan pouted, putting his arm around Phil's shoulders who giggled and blushed.

"Fine, he seems nice, let's go sign the papers," Ellie said.

"As long as you don't get me neutered," Phil said and Dan laughed.

"We definitely wouldn't want that." he said quietly to Phil as Ellie put on her jacket and Tim came down the stairs. Phil went salmon. Was Dan... Flirting with him? Like properly?

"Everyone ready to go?" Tim asked and they all nodded, but after Ellie and Tim had walked out the door Phil grabbed Dan's hand pulling him back.

"What did you wanna say?" Phil asked. He had already put the weird feelings of Dan's flirts behind him. He already felt guilty about falling asleep last night, he didn't want to miss out on what Dan had to say again.

"Oh it's fine I'll tell you later."

He'll find out soon enough anyway.

*

The trip there was short and soon enough they had been let in by an overexcited Mabel.

"Oh Phil sugar I'm so happy for you," she gushed, pulling him into a hug he didn't want, but he patted her back awkwardly anyway, he was a head taller than her, so naturally he hated her hugs.

"Ellie, Tim do you want to come and sign the forms while Phil and Dan-"

They were cut off by a loud squeak, making them turn to look up the stairs. It was Devon.

"Danny!" She squealed at Dan and ran down the stairs to him. Phil looked at Dan in confusion but he was beaming at Devon, and when she reached him he picked her up by her waist and pecked her lips.

"Hey babe, I missed you." he said and she giggled and kicked her legs slightly, still being held up by him. He pecked her lips again before putting her down and easily sliding an arm around her shoulders as she was a lot smaller than him.

Phil just stared. What the hell just happened. Please say he was hallucinating this and it was just a nightmare, this couldn't be real. No, not Devon, anyone but her.

"Phil, I wanted to tell you, sorry I haven't told you before now but I knew it might be weird for you knowing I am dating someone from your previous home, but Devon's my girlfriend," Dan told him and Phil felt sick. No no no this wasn't happening.