Chapter 12

Over 7000 words so be ready

Phil was so tired on Saturday. Throughout the week he has only had a couple of hours sleep a night. Which meant this week so far he had only had 6 hours all together. He kept almost falling asleep in lessons, and sometimes really drifting off. But at least this morning would be a good one.

He was going to the Howell's again to sleep over which would be amazing as always. He just had to try not to fall asleep half way through, so he would probably have to ask Dan to dose him with caffeine.

Phil had packed his bag like last time and as he had only got beaten up at the start of the week his bruises were hardly noticeable so he didn't bother with make up.

He was sat waiting downstairs, they would be coming in about 20 minutes so Phil decided to check his emails since last time. Oli hadn't replied for while which was a little worrying, he hoped something bad hadn't happened.

He logged on and checked his emails and he was glad to see that Oli had finally replied.

Philly!

I did what you told me too. I brought up gay marriage in a conversation and they were both cool with it and agreed with it and then later that day I must have been staring at Jake from across the classroom because Heather shot me a weird look and then dragged me away after class and asked if I maybe had a crush on Jake and I kinda told her I was gay and that I did and she was really happy for me and she told me she would try and find out where Jake stands with his whole sexual orientation. But I hope he might like me. I really like him.

Thanks so much for the advice Philly, I don't know what I would do without you. Oh yeah and I am definitely gay, and boys are cute. Super cute.

But how are you? Is everything at school okay? And how's Dan and his parents? I hope you're still seeing them. Just tell me how you are!

Love Oli :3 xx

Phil didn't get a chance to reply as Devon walked into the room.

"Oooh not off to see your family today?" She asked patronisingly and Phil just grinned at her sweetly.

"They will be here soon, sorry if that disappoints you," he replied and she scowled.

"How did someone like you get a family?" She said bitterly, a hint of sadness going through her insult.

"Because," Phil said more softly, sympathising slightly. "I was their type. You are someone's type you know," he told her and she gave him a soft smile, then scowled.

"Eugh you're so disgusting," she shot weakly, but she looked kind of happier, stalking out the room. Phil wondered if maybe he had got through to her in some way, and that she might lay it easy on him from now on, but he seriously doubted that.

He heard their car roll up outside and he logged out of everything and turned the computer off. He would reply to Oli later.

He picked his bag back up and slung it onto his shoulder and headed out into reception, signing out before meeting them all outside.

"Hey Phil!" Dan said hugging him tightly.

"Hey!" Phil replied happily, breathing in slightly before pulling away.

"Hi Phil," Tim said smiling and Ellie pulled him into the usual hug.

"Hi Phil how are you today?" She asked him.

"I'm great thanks," he said.

"Are you sure?" She asked, fussing slightly. "You look tired,"

"Yeah I just didn't get too much sleep last night," he shrugged, seeing Dan shoot him a worried glance out the corner of his eye.