Chapter 5

Seriously don't go for accuracy with Internet shit in this okay I am too lazy for that

Phil didn't hate waking up for school in the morning. He was still full of so much happiness from the day before. He pulled in his uniform actually smiling when he got up, singing along softly to the music playing on his radio. Even walking to school alone he had a small smile on his face. It was only when he got to school it faded.

"Alright Lester?" he heard David call to him as soon as he walked through the gates. He quickened his pace and kept his head down, trying to use his hood to shield his face from them and block them out. "Ignore us all you want Lester, you know we will 'talk' to you later!" David yelled again and his gang started yelling after.

"Yeah fag!"

"Be prepared!"

"Hope you like eating fists."

Phil huddled over more and stumbled into the school block, heading straight towards his locker and finding the books he needed for the day and shoved them into his very worn backpack. It was never a good idea to hang around the lockers at lunch or pretty much anytime he didn't know where David and his gang was. David, Mark, Shaan, Jason and Jordan. The school bullies that somehow all the girls swooned over. But seriously, how could someone like someone who hurts someone for no good reason? He hated this school, he couldn't wait for sixth form, but it was only November, he had until about May before he could properly leave this hell hole. Half a year more of being beaten at school, and he would still get it at the home, if he didn't get fostered. He smiled slightly in spite of all this, he actually had a chance for being fostered at the moment, maybe he wouldn't have to face all the pain at the home if the Howell's adopted him.

He shut his locker and sauntered to his first lesson, his mind heading towards Dan and when he could see him, and his mum and dad of course, again. He could go on the computer tonight and find him on it, and then maybe they could talk. He slumped into his seat and automatically gazed out the window. He wondered what Dan was doing at the moment. Maybe he was sitting alone like him? Yeah, like that would happen. Dan would be surrounded by his friends, chatting and laughing as he waited for the lesson to begin. He sighed, wishing he could be with him, it was so lonely without Oli.

The rest of the students started piling in loudly and Phil tried his best to tune them all out, but it didn't help that Mark and Jordan were in his first lesson, meaning random insults would be thrown his way. He was getting used to not hearing them, but sometimes they would still cut him up inside. He wouldn't let that happen today, not now Dan had made him feel like none of them mattered. His teacher walked in and started writing the title on the board for English. 'Why do people care?'

"Write a piece around this phrase. It can be a poem, a short story, an essay, whatever, just make it good and interesting," his teacher said enthusiastically to the many blank faces around the room, before the class began chatting again, neglecting the work. Phil didn't however. He liked English, so decided to go go for it and write a short monologue. Well, it was more like his life summed up in secret with a few details 'tweaked'.

I used to think no one cared about me. It's not surprising really, when you are me: Patrick Layton, wimp of the school, hated by everyone I meet. I get bullied, my many brothers and sisters despise me and my parents aren't even around to care. I have absolutely no one to care about me. No family, no friends. Had. Had no friends. I think I have found someone, found a friend of sorts. I met him when I was running away from my oppressors in the middle of the night, and I went the wrong way to get home as they had blocked it. I ran into him, knocked him and myself straight over, but when he got up I didn't even have to explain what had happened. He heard the yells coming from behind me, grabbed my hand and pulled me into an alleyway, hiding me from their sight. Once they had passed, I thanked him, and left, but I idiotically forgot to ask for his name. Mind you, I didn't think if he knew who I was in reality instead of the 'poor boy he helped' would make him want to know me.