fuck Ward Cameron - avenging fandoms

You could feel eyes on you, especially by the teens. It wasn't your fault that the gas station with the best snacks was where the pogues hung out the most, you were just high and hungry.

"Well, would you look at who came to grace us with their presence, the Kook Princess" You place all the items on the counter, JJ's voice right next to your ear as he leaned on the counter.

"12.54" The cashier broke the silence and you hand her a 20, JJ touching your sunglasses and you swat his hand.

"Don't try it, bitch" Kiara spoke and you laugh, taking your change and bag. "You're on our turf"

"Hey" Rafe said authoritatively and you tilt your head as you look at the two.

"So sorry I came to get sour straws and iced tea, didn't realize you'd be so bothered by me. I'll never step foot in here again" You smirk sarcastically and turn around, Rafe in the doorway. "All good, Rafe, let's go" You walk by him and he gives JJ a long look before following you out the door.

"What did they want?" Rafe asked and thanked you as you handed him an iced tea. You roll your eyes and take a sip, opening the sour straws and eating one.

"I don't know, try to intimidate me? JJ touched my glasses and I swatted his hand and Kiara stepped up like bitch I'm just trying to get snacks, not smacked. Please leave me alone" Rafe let out a laugh and looked over at you, opening his mouth.

You put a sour straw in his mouth, laughing as it flew in the wind of his open jeep. Rafe pulled into your driveway, the both of you getting out and Rafe carrying the bag. You opened the door and headed to your room, both of you taking off your shoes and falling on your bed.

You laid on your back, right leg bent with the left leg straight. Rafe laid on his stomach, head on your thigh. "What do you want to do tonight?"

"Well, you've been in the same clothes since Wednesday, it's Friday. You need to go home and get more clothes. Just pack all the clothes you can quickly and avoid Ward"

"Can you come with me? I've been so good without him, I don't want to go back into that bad place again" Rafe mumbled and you pouted softly, playing with his hair as he looked at you.

"Of course, what're best friends for?" He smiled and you return it. "I've known you since the 3rd grade, which means I've known Ward that long. And I know he's not good for you or to you" He nods along, sitting up. "You want to go now?"

"Better now than never" He groaned loudly and shook his head, standing up. You both put on your shoes and and down the stairs again, Rafe hopping in the driver seat again.

You drove it silence, closing your eyes as there was no cloud in the sky, enjoying the breeze. Rafe parked in his driveway and you opened your eyes, seeing both Ward and Rose's cars weren't here.

"At least you know you won't see them" You smile and you both get out and you grab his hand. You walk in and close the door softly, taking your hand away and following him to his room.

Rafe grabbed the biggest bag he had and started shoving clothes into it, cursing hangers for not being easy to take off. Underwear, shirts, shorts, pants, socks, shoes. Anything he could fit until the zipper was barely holding on.

He picked the bag up over his shoulder and you stood up. "Let's go, I don't want to be here when they get back" You leave his room but see their cars still weren't here.

"Their cars are still gone, we're good" You reach the bottom of the stairs and you both stop as you see Ward standing in the living room. Rafe dropped the bag and pushed you behind him.

"Rafe, I haven't seen you in months" Ward's voice was in his manipulative tone, and your fingers gripped Rafe's shirt, wishing he would stay calm. "Why do you keep running, son? I just want you home, I miss my boy" Ward stepped forward and Rafe backed up.

"You miss making me do dirty work for you. You miss yelling at me. You miss wanting me to fuck up so you can yell at me. I'm not coming home, you're a terrible father" Rafe stood his ground and you smiled behind him.

Ward chuckled, backing up. "Really, Rafe? This isn't you, your little friend you have behind you is brainwashing you into thinking I don't love you" You stood out from behind Rafe, eyes dark.

"You don't love Rafe, you love controlling him. And someone needed to take his mental health seriously" You spoke and Ward's smirk dropped, stepping towards you.

"Hey, hey!" Rafe yelled, teeth gritted and eyes wide as he pushed Ward. "Stay the fuck away from her. She's more important to me than anyone in this fucking house except for Wheezie" He huffed and Ward looked at him.

"You are an idiot, Rafe. Running from your problems solves nothing!" It was a full on screaming match, and you grabbed Rafe's hand.

"Rafe.. Rafe let's go!" You yell and he picks up the bag, the both of you walking out the door with Ward yelling bad things about you. Rafe threw his things in, Ward following you two out and Rafe quickly stepped on the gas and reversed out of the driveway, spinning quickly and shifting to drive before speeding off.

He swerved around the street as Ward stared at you two, both you and Rafe speeding until you were far away from Ward. You sat up and looked at Rafe, whose knuckles were turning white and his breathing got choppy.

"Rafe.. pull over, honey. Pull over please" You touch his arm and he does, putting the car in park. You unbuckle both of your seatbelts and grab his hands, your hand on his face. "Rafe, it's okay. We don't have to see him again, you're safe"

Rafe looked at you with tears in his eyes, getting out of the car quickly and you watch as he walks around the jeep, opening your door and wrapping his arms around your waist. You hold your arms around his neck, closing your eyes.

"I hate him, he shouted at you. I put you in danger, I'm so sorry" You shushed him and rubbed his back, swaying softly.

"You did nothing, Rafe. It's all his fault" You pull him away and kiss his forehead, hopping out. "I'll drive, just relax"

You drove home with Frank Ocean playing quietly, parking in the garage and opening the door for him. He grabs his bag and you both head up to your room. Rafe went into the bathroom quietly, taking his pajamas with him.

You took off your make up and did your skin care, waiting for Rafe to be done. You sat up as he came in and he threw his clothes in the hamper, looking at you and falling on your body. You smile and turned up the volume of the tv that played Rafe's favorite show, 'Family Guy.'

"I'm proud of you, Rafe. Always" you kissed his hand and you both get under the sheets, you turned on your side and Rafe pulled you into him, putting his chin in your neck as you both fell asleep calm and peaceful knowing you never had to see Ward Cameron again.