bleed out for u - cherryobx

Rafe hated when you were at home. Your dad was a bad person. And that was lightly said. He knew from his own experience that parents sometimes weren't really good at, you know, parenting. He called you every night to make sure you were okay and if you wanted to sleep over at his place.

So a few nights a week you stayed with Rafe. It was good to sleep while actually feeling safe and loved. You felt all warm and protected when your boyfriend's arms were around you, keeping you as close to him as possible. You were tired of staying up all night, too scared to go to sleep because you never knew how drunk your dad actually was and what he was up to. It was terrifying that the person who was supposed to love you the most hurt you instead.

When you were lucky, he was so drunk by the time you got home that he was passed out on the couch in front of the TV. But other times he wasn't. And that's when you had to deal with yelling, breaking dishes and furniture and on particularly bad nights even violence.

One night, when you hadn't shown up at Rafe's place on time, he got worried. He called you but you didn't pick up. So he hopped in the car and drove over to your house. He was chewing on his lips, worry getting the best of him.

As soon as he pulled up to the house he noticed that the front door was wide open due to which he heard the yelling all over to his car.

Leaving the car running he ran up to the house, walked right in and followed the noise to the living room. Your dad was in the middle of the room while you were backed up into a corner, a chair in your hands raised as a defence against him. Your nose was bloody and it looked like there was a bruise forming on your cheek.

There was broken glass all over the carpeted floor, probably from beer bottles tossed around before he arrived.

"Get the fuck back! Don't come closer!" you yelled at your dad, voice breaking.

"I can do what ever the fuck I want, I'm your dad." He attempted to approach you but Rafe intervened, making himself known in the room. He stood between you and your dad, shielding you from his sight.

"Y/N, get in the car," he said without breaking eye contact with your father who looked like he was about to explode from anger.

You quickly ran towards the door and Rafe's car in front of the house.

"No, Y/N, get the fuck back here!"

Rafe swiftly grabbed your father's throat, pushing him roughly against the wall. "You shut the fuck up before I tear your fucking throat out so you can't say anything ever again."

You sat in the passenger seat anxiously, leg bouncing as you couldn't contain your nerves. You were too high on adrenaline, survival mode switched on, to even register what had just happened. One moment you were sitting on your bed reading a book and the other you were being dragged out of your room. You smelled the alcohol even before he grabbed you harshly, probably leaving behind a bruise in the shape of a hand.

Your dad had never hit you in the face before. It was always places you could cover up and hide. But that night was different for some reason. But you weren't sure why.

Soon Rafe stormed out of your house and entered the car, immediately backing out of your driveway and speeding away. He looked like he had taken a beating as well.

"You're hurt."

"Doesn't matter." His both hands were on the wheel, knuckles white from the anger.

"Of course it does. You got hurt because of me. Because I couldn't protect myself."

The car came to a halt.

"Let's get one thing straight, I'm not bleeding right now because of you, even though I would gladly bleed out for you. I'm hurt because your dad's an asshole who can't keep his mouth shut and his hands to himself. And you're able to protect yourself, I know you are. But he needed his ass beat for once and I would happily do it again anytime. You did nothing wrong. You got that?"

You nodded, a sob stuck in your throat that you didn't want to let out. You weren't weak, you could keep it together.

"Good." He started driving again.

You turned your head to the other side, looking out of the car window and seeing the scenery you passed, white picket fence houses with happy families living inside.

You saw your own reflection in the window and wanted to break down crying. This girl was as broken as one could be. She looked small, helpless. You didn't want to look like that, to feel like that.

Rafe parked the car and switched the ignition off and you left the car.

You walked in side by side. You gently slipped your hand in his in search for that comforting feeling he always provided for you. He lightly squeezed your hand in response as he unlocked the door with his other hand. He let you enter first so he could lock the door again behind you two.

As soon as you stepped into his home you finally let your emotions bubble up, explode. You sobbed as you leaned against the wall, sliding down onto the floor. You hid your face in your hands, embarrassed by your outburst.

"Hey." Rafe crouched in front of you, softly pulling your hands away from your face and raising your chin so you'd look him into the eyes. You could barely see him through the tears pooling in your eyes.

"Let's go get cleaned up. Is that alright?" His voice was quiet and soft. He hated seeing you like this but wanted to stay calm for you.

You nodded and he helped you off the floor and walked you to the bathroom. He helped you undress and then did so himself. Then you stepped into the shower together.

Gently, he cleaned the blood from your face and then put some shampoo in your hair and then massaged it into your scalp. It felt nice. You felt the hurt, the bad feelings moving to the distant corner in your brain as he rinsed the shampoo from your hair. He then handed you a sponge so you could wash your body as well while he cleaned himself up too.

When he had his head thrown back, rinsing his hair. You wrapped your arms around his torso and just hugged him. He was surprised at first but let you hold him nevertheless. When he was done with washing his hair, he hugged you back, his lips against your forehead.

Everything about it was very intimate but not in a sexual way but more of a spiritual way. Like you were connected on a different level. Like you were one.

"Wait here." He let go of you and left the shower. Coming back a few minutes later, sweatpants on, he asked you to leave the shower as well. You stepped out and he handed you his clothes to put on, a t-shirt and some comfy shorts.

"Do you want something to eat?"

You shook your head in denial. "Can we maybe just watch a movie or something?"

He smiled softly. "Sure."

So you cuddled up on the couch under various blankets and put on some movie you weren't actually paying attention to. You tried but the thoughts in your head were moving 100 miles per hour which made it hard to focus on anything.

"I want you to move in with me."

That tore you out of the storm that was going on in your head. "What?"

"Move in with me. Like right now. We can go pick up your stuff when your dad's not there."

"Are you serious?"

"As a heart attack, baby. I don't want you living there with him. I want you to be here with me where you can feel free and safe. I want us to be able to sleep at night with one less worry. Will you? Move in with me?"

"Yes."

You both smiled widely as the thought settled in. You were going to live together. Away from the shithead that was your dad. Away from the house that you didn't have any good memories in. It made you happy. And the fact that you got to be next to Rafe every day and night made you finally see some hope for you. It was going to get better. Finally.b