sweets - hotchsstuff

"rafe i am so sorry sweetheart but all the shops are closed today!" tried to reason mrs cameron, in an attempt to convince her son to move from the entrance of the small closed shop "we have apple flavoured lollipops and so many other candies at home."

rafe crossed his arms and sat on the ground.

"i don't want those." claimed rafe, unmoved from his mother's exasperation. he will get what he wants, in a way or another.

the day before he promised you a cherry lolly, to make you feel better when you fell down, scratching your knees and you were so enthusiastic. your parents didn't let you eat a lot of sweets, so rafe would always sneak some in your backpack for you.

he would steal candies from sarah's jar when his one was empty.

after minutes of failed attempts at reasoning, mrs cameron asked with a hopeful tone "how about we go home first and you and i can bake a cherry cake for your girl?".

rafe blushed at his mother's words "she's not my girl!" but regardless he agreed silently.

when rafe and his mom knocked at your house's door you were delighted to see them and run for a hug.

"mommy, rafey and mrs cameron are here!" you yelled, running around excited while rafe watched you with a worried face, afraid you'd fall down once again.

rafe's mom gave him a little push, encouraging him to show you the cherry cake.

"rafe told me you really liked cherry and he insisted to make you this." said her, ignoring her son's protests.

your eyes grew comically and a blush crept across your cheeks.

"you made this for me?" you whispered, almost shy, as if you didnt crash on his body the moment you saw him.

rafe shrugged nonchalantly, scratching the back of his head "it's nothing."

"you know, rafe looked for cherry flavoured lollipops across the town but the shops were all closed or out of stock, i'm sorry sweetheart" said the woman, apologetic. she knew how much rafe hated it when he broke his promises.

you shook your head so vigorously that rafe was afraid you'd harm yourself so he placed both of his hands on the side of your face to stop you, squishing your chubby cheeks.

"it's super duper fine! i love cake and cherries and sugar and bread and rafe!" you blurted out, flustering rafe.

when your mum was done cutting the cake and you had your third piece, rafe pulled you up and rushed you towards the stairs because adults are boring.

"but i want more cake!" you protested, which made rafe scoff.

you always had a sweet tooth so that's the main reason why he made sure to have two cakes at his birthday parties. that always confused his parents because rafe didn't like sweets. the only occasions where he ate something remotely sweet was when you fed him some.

"i thought you wanted to show me something." he said as he threw himself on your bed, kicking off some of your stuffed toy on the way, which made you scrunch your nose.

at rafe's words you got up and rummaged in your backpack to look for something.

"it must be here.." you murmured to yourself and a few minutes later you pulled out of the pink bag two handmade bracelets of the same colour.

"this one is for you!" you exclaimed, placing the roughly made bracelet in front of his face.

"i know it's not the best looking but i made it by myself." you were nervous he wouldn't like it but rafe brushed away all your worries when he put on the yellow bracelet with no hesitation.

"i like it." and gave you a peck on your cheek and suddenly you feel your cheeks grow hot.

when mrs cameron called him to go home, she was beyond surprised to see something on his wrist.

if there was something rafe hated the most, it was wearing anything but his watch on his wrist. never once did he wear the golden bracelet his parents got him for christmas.

with a knowing smile plasted on her face, she greeted you goodbye and promised to bring you cherry flavoured exclusively popsicles the next time.