INTERMISSION: Hope and Berries, Musketeers and Despair (PART SIX)

Lou wasn't sure where to start. She wasn't concerned about the survivors - Makoto, Byakuya, Kyoko, Hajime, and Shuichi - which only left Chiaki, Nagito, Kaede, Kaito, Kokichi, and Rantaro, each with unique injuries that were quickly draining the little life they had left to hold onto. Lou took yet another deep breath. "Okay, Kidney Bean, don't panic. Just break down what you need to do to help who, one by one."

First, Chiaki. Though Lou hadn't yet watched Danganronpa 3, she knew of Chiaki's death in the first killing game. Nanami would only retain memories of her time in the Neo World program (unlike her fellow participants, who would additionally recall bits and pieces of their lives during and before The Tragedy), but her body had suffered fatal injuries from both events, though those from the second video game were dialed back a bit so she wasn't completely crushed. So, all Lou had to do was patch up the stab wounds and heal a few bone fractures.

Next up, Kaede. Our dearly missed protag had died by hanging, though the situation in which it had occurred wasn't nearly as simple as the cause of death itself. All Lou would need to do was to heal the markings and scars on her neck (because tight metal Monokuma collar ouchie) and then make sure she was breathing properly.

Rantaro Amami. Simple cranial fracture; completely repairable via magic. His death in-game was instant, so Lou figured she might need to also magic a little life back into him. Either way, no big deal; every victim/blackened in the room, Lou made sure, was only mostly dead. And as any Miracle Man will tell you, there's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Oddly, Amamocado was probably the easiest case Lou would have to deal with.

Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars whom even crying children adore: the Ultimate Astronaut. Another fairly easy case. Draw the virus out of his body, magic a little life into him, done.

And then there were the antagonists.

(Disregarding Byakuya, of course.)

Nagito Komaeda: this one, Lou decided, would be the death of her. Making and destroying random objects was a piece of cake, but healing or manipulating living creatures in any way drained her magic. After helping everyone else, she would already be exhausted out of her mind. For Komaeda, she would need to heal the myriad of stab wounds and then draw out Monokuma's Special poison in a similar fashion to Kaito's disease. The poison would be much harder to get out simply because of the state of matter: unlike a series of completely solid and easy-to-pick-out pathogens, the poison was in a gaseous state. Molecules freely floating around, not at all bound together. It would be pretty difficult to pick out every last molecule of poison, but Lou had faith that they could pull it off... somehow.

Then... Kokichi. Arrow in his right arm, arrow in his back, Strike-9 poison (not to be confused with strychnine) coursing through his veins. Additionally, most of his bones had pretty bad stress fractures, the skeleton overall in a similar state to that of Chiaki's. Draw out the poison, heal the bones, yeet out the arrows, magic-heal the wounds.

Lou took a deep breath, rolled up their sleeves, and clapped their hands together. "Let's do this."

Exactly as predicted, the first four were really easy to heal. Chiaki, Kaede, Rantaro, and Kaito were good as new in a matter of minutes. And then there were the antagonists. Lou decided to start with Kokichi since Nagito would take significantly longer to heal.

And so began the intense process of magic healing.

First, the poison. Using basic telekinesis, Lou just kind of summoned the poison into the air in front of her, opened a small portal, and yeeted that shit into the Bottomless Pit dimension. Authors are only able to magically destroy things they create, so this was the safest way to dispose of the poison.