FINAL DRAFT: The Rooftop Scene

{This was going to be the scene where the big mystery is finally uncovered, as briefly mentioned in the A/N, and is the most completed draft I possess. Please note that this scene is completely platonic and meant to show how Lou and Deku's friendship has grown since the beginning of the story.}

Lou woke up in a cold sweat.

Again. 

She grabbed her phone off the nightstand, sighing. 3 AM. A solid four hours of sleep. Wonderful. She silently slid out of bed, careful not to wake Holly, and walked out of the room. She wandered down the dark hall, making her way to the reaction room. She stepped in front of the wall opposite the hallway entrance and pressed her hand against it carefully. With a small multicolored flash, the wall caved in, a doorway appearing.

Lou stepped through the doorway, not looking back.

~*~

Midoriya Izuku couldn't sleep that night. 

He really didn't know what it was, but he wasn't tired. Not even slightly. He tried training, which lasted for a solid two hours before he stopped. Deku was exhausted, but not at all sleepy. He showered off, changed into pajamas, and tried to sleep anyway. After about an hour of just lying in bed, stuck with his own thoughts, still restless, he gave up. He turned his bedroom lights back on, sat atop his covers, and sighed. What could he do? He was tempted to scroll through something random on his phone, but he decided if he was stuck awake, he wanted to do something at least somewhat productive. Maybe... read? There was one book on the Shelf that had caught his eye, but he never took it. Renegades, he suddenly remembered. A series about heroes and villains in a modern setting, where people are born with supernatural abilities and can use them for good or bad. Not quite like a typical superhero comic. A lot like my normal world, but... different. With nothing better to do, he left his room and ventured down the long hallway, making it to the reaction room with the intent of just grabbing the book from the Rec Room* and going back to his bedroom.

Or, well, that was the plan, until he saw the gap in the wall.

Deku freaked out a bit initially. Where did this come from? It was right across the room from the Hall of Personal Spaces' entrance. He slowly approached it, crossing the room, staring at the new opening and wondering where it led. Taking a deep breath, he stepped through the gap, and into utter darkness.

He couldn't see a thing. Izuku mentally groaned, wishing he had a flashlight when he suddenly touched something. It was cool and smooth, completely solid. Metal, most likely. Feeling around, he realized he had stumbled upon a ladder. He began to climb it. 

Deku had been climbing up blindly for about a minute when he started panicking. What if this lead nowhere and he got stuck? It was also around this time that he saw a dim light above him. He brushed his anxiety aside and climbed faster, eventually reaching a small room.

There was a small cot, a few blankets, and fairy lights and faux flowers strung around the perimeter. Various posters and drawings plastered the walls, along with what looked like letters, Polaroids, and... to-do lists? One main table near the cot held only four objects; an electric kettle, matcha powder, a mug, and a fairly large avocado toast plushie. The table had quite a few drawers, but Izuku didn't want to invade the privacy of whoever had been there. Another door at the edge of the room was half open, and he could see a few monitors and screens, all turned off, reflecting the light of the room. He softly gasped. This was Lou's room; where they had hidden during the first few reactions before revealing themself. He walked toward the room with the monitors, opening the door further and confirming his suspicions; a small trapdoor was visible on the floor. Lou's big reveal. That's how they did it.