INTERMISSION TWO: This Is Weird, But I've Seen Stranger Things (PART NINE)

As a warning: This chapter is incomplete. You'll only see this at the end, though.

Everyone was caught off guard by the appearance of the newbies. They looked like regular kids. A bit outdated in their style – far more outdated than the Turning Red crew – but completely normal otherwise. They began to stir, a string of half-conscious curses escaping the cluster of children.

"Everyone," Lou said enthusiastically, "I want you to give a warm welcome to the characters of Stranger Things! This is the last group I'm bringing here... for now. Just so you know."

One of the kids – a pale, lanky dude with jet black hair – woke up with a start. "Agh... w-what the fuck?" He quickly sat up, frantically looking around the room. "Where the hell is this?"

"Oh, shit," another kid hissed, his tight curls covered by a baseball cap. "Shit, shit, shit. I think we got kidnapped."

"Yes," Holly said with a confident smile. "Yes, you did!"

"Bro, shut up, you're not helping," Lou muttered to her 'friend.'

"Kid... Napped?" a person with a buzzcut and a pink, flower-patterned shirt murmured curiously.

Some sad child with a bowl cut looked just about ready to have a panic attack. "This isn't good..."

Two older teens, both likely female, said nothing, but seemed more curious than terrified about their situation.

The only other older teenager — or, well, he was probably in his early twenties — quickly stood, stepping in front of the younger kids and facing Lou. "What the hell is going on here? Who are you?"

"A kidney bean," was their deadpan answer.

"What?"

"Your hair's even better in person," Lou continued with a smirk.

"...What?" the guy repeated.

"Nevermind. Anyway, none of you freak out; you're all completely safe," she said to the newcomers. "I have no bad intentions."

"And why the hell should we trust any of that?" a girl, younger than the others, snapped.

A guy the same age as the first four kids sighed beside her. "Erica!"

"Tell me I'm wrong! You can't!" Erica clapped back.

"Well, I mean, first of all," Lou explained, an awkward grin on her face, "I'm kind of the one responsible for fixing all of your injuries because I figured out how to make a kind of 'healing barrier'–" she made air quotations with her hands– "that can patch up smaller injuries as part of the portal and, uh... yeah." Lou paused. "Anyways, if that's not enough, I still have something I need to do."

Lou weaved their way through the group of 80's children until they confronted a very tired-looking Lucas Sinclair, cradling in his arms the barely-alive body of Max Mayfield. Lou knelt down beside them, much to Lucas' confusion. She reached out her arm, extending her index finger and booping Max on the nose. Lucas was only more confused – especially when some random sparkles appeared to burst into the air at Lou's touch – until Max's eyelids slowly fluttered open.

Lucas softly gasped. "Max!"

"L-Lucas...?" Max smiled.

Strength suddenly flooding back to her, Max pulled Lucas into a hug, the pair ecstatic to reunite after their recent fight with the supernatural. The rest of the new kids approached the pair, relief and excitement clear on their faces. The other characters slowly began to approach the group. Lou sank backwards, defying the flood of the crowd and grabbing Holly by the arm.