Draft 6: Talent Show Pieces

{So, the Talent Show acts were originally going to be in a script format to make everything easier to write and read. I only have the introduction, one {cut} act, and one transition written out. Here they are, in that order:}

Talent Show Shit:

Kokichi's act and also the obligatory safety spiel

(prior to this, various show-themed music had been playing as everyone set things up, ending on Bo Burnham's Intro [what.])

(curtain opens)

Kokichi, standing in the middle of the stage with a face mic: ...That lizard part sounded pretty fucking stupid.

(Laugh laugh laugh)

Kokichi: Uh, so, welcome to the first ever Reaction Talent Show, we need a better title, Lou and Holly are working on it. This is gonna be a variety of acts, throughout the show, mostly music-based, so anyone who doesn't like music... good luck. I mean, we had a playlist going while you were getting in your seats, which... I mean, I'm hoping you heard — so, yeah.

(More laugh)

Kokichi: For some dumbass reason, your friendly neighborhood Authors have entrusted me to give the obligatory safety speech, as the first act of the night. Why? Great question. Um... If at any time we need to evacuate, the exit signs are marked clearly in red at the back of the house. Y'know, sort of an orange-ish kinda fiery red. Yeah... We're totally fucked if we need them, but hey, we can see them now! Not to mention we're literally locked in a single building with no clear exit, so Lou told me to tell you that if there is any kind of emergency in here, get as far away as you can, they and Holly will take care of it. There was something else... oh yeah, Todo-chan!

(Spotlight on Todoroki in the audience)

Kokichi: If there's a fire, can you, by any chance, stay behind and help put it out?

Todoroki: ...Sure...? (Spotlight away)

Kokichi: Great!

Lou: (barely audible from the wings) I TOLD YOU TO ASK HIM BEFORE THE SHOW!

Kokichi: Nishishi, you probably should have considered who you were giving that task to, Kidney Bean. (Looking offstage) They're flipping me off from the wings. Anyways, that's pretty much it, so now you get to listen to my lovely singing voice!

{...I never wrote out the transcript for it, but he was going to sing "Sad" by Bo Burnham, which is from the same album as the only act I wrote:}

Left Brain, Right Brain:

{This was literally a transcript of Bo Burnham's "Left Brain, Right Brain," but it was incredibly boring to read. Because it was literally the song lyrics with minimal changes. I cut it from here, so onto the transition:}

The lights came back on briefly, Lou taking a curt bow as they smiled like an idiot and caught their breath. "Thank you very much!"

The audience broke out in applause and cheers before the curtains gracefully slipped shut.

"Dude!" Ashido hissed as Lou retreated to the wings. "That was awesome!" The two quickly hugged.

"Thanks," Lou sighed, completely out of breath from the sheer amount of magic her act took to perform. "You ready?"

Mina smirked. "Oh hell yes, I am."

"Good," Lou breathed with a smile. "Knock 'em dead, Mina-chan."

She nodded before the curtains opened, sauntering onstage with the fluidity and grace of a professional dancer. Mina knelt on the ground, her face becoming solemn and pensive as the music started up...