Author's Note

Hello! As you probably already saw coming after the several months since this fic has been updated, it's pretty much over. A lack of motivation plus some procrastination caused this story to come to a halt, and since then, I've taken on other projects that I'm more passionate about. So, if you really enjoyed this silly story, I'm sorry that I was unable to complete it.

However, as someone who reads fanfiction themself, I know how awful it is to see a fic—even a really bad one—suddenly die without any closure or explanation. I managed to organize almost the entire plot before this project went under, along with a surplus of random drafts and ideas that never came to light. So, I'll leave it all here in the next few chapters, if you would like to read any of it. Of course, none of it will make sense without some context, so the rest of this note will contain the basic plan for the plot from where it was left off:

This cycle of 3-4 reactions and one intermission per day would continue for a decent amount of time. Friendships are formed between totally different universes, and everyone just had a great time! As time progressed, more suspicious things would begin to happen. Offhand comments and small details become more frequent and suspicious. Kokichi, Sans, Monika, Flowey, and some other people start to question the situation more and more. Eventually, things boil over to a point of no return. One night on the rooftop, Lou spills her true motivations to none other than Midoriya Izuku. In essence, she had to protect them. Every universe was handpicked because of the toxicity of their fandoms. The arguments, the ship wars, the "ambitious" headcanons, the overload of half-hearted content, the overall disharmony of fandom members—it was killing the original universes. Infecting them with a physical manifestation of Toxicity. It would destroy their universes if Lou did nothing, and if too many universes were destroyed at once, the entirety of fiction could disappear. The next day, after an interesting morning, Lou tries to carry things on as normal. One day of reactions happens. The moment that the multiversal clock strikes midnight, everything goes to hell. A problem first thought to be a series of earthquakes turns out to be much worse. The Toxicity—a mass of swirling black and white fluid—manages to find the reaction dimension, incapacitating the Authors and burying the fictional characters under the liquid form of hate and discourse between fans. Of course, it couldn't end like that. The characters all figure out how to fight the toxicity—with self-expression and kindness. It's as simple as being themselves, and the Toxicity dissolves into nearly nothingness, with a final magical blast from the Authors making it disappear. Of course, this was only some of the Toxicity—it will still exist forever. However, now armed with the knowledge of how to fight it, the fictional multiverse can continue to thrive. A bittersweet goodbye is said, and everyone is sent home with the promise that they would eventually reunite.

The drafts will explain a lot more of this in detail. Before that, though, I have a few notes:
- I was once going to ship Robin Buckley and Ashido Mina.
- Yep.
- I wanted an inter-universe ship, and they just felt like they would work together.
- Some of you may hate me, and some of you may legitimately like the ship. Live your life, I guess.
- Before Andrew, Ben, and Jack, there was A*****, E*****, and C******

- These were characters-based-on-people-I-know but a bit too heavily based on the original people for my liking, so I'll be censoring their names.

- Additionally, Egan was going to be another character from the Authors' home world. He comes up a few times in the drafts. Please be aware: I was not attempting to create a gay stereotype with his character, but quite literally copying the real-life Egan's personality.

- Holly and I (real life and fictional counterparts) are massive theatre nerds. Around the time I began writing this story, two things had happened:
- Both of us had been in a production of Seussical (myself as Mayzie and Holly as the Cat in the Hat).
- Holly was an ensemble member in a production of Titanic (The Broadway Musical, not to be confused with the iconic film).
- Both of these will come back a few times.
- The drafts are all swimming in inside jokes—some that even Holly doesn't get.
- As if this story wasn't already LGBTQIA+ as fuck, these unhinged, uncensored drafts are even gayer.

Also, I may pop up in {fancy brackets...I think they're called braces} to give notes on the drafts when necessary. If you still have any questions about anything at all in this fic or the drafts, please comment them! I'll do my very best to answer everything. And now, in no particular order, I would like to present to you the drafts of Multiversal Chaos: A Multi-Fandom Reaction!