Chapter 5

[SERENITY'S POV]

I Was Relieved That Kaidence Didn't Ask A Million And One Questions. I Was Just Exhausted And I Needed Sleep! I Headed Into My Room And Dived Into The Bed. Oh Yes! I Glanced At Me Phone And Noticed A Text From Brandon:

Brandon: Are You Mad At Me?

Me: No.

Brandon: I Miss Being With You.

Me: I'll Talk To You Later.

I Ended The Conversation Quick, And Turned My Phone Off. Brandon And I Have Been On And Off For Two Years Now And I Was Really Tired Of Him. I Loved Him And All, But He Was Another Preston. Not Abusive Physically, But Emotionally. He Had Females Calling And Texting Him All Day Every Day, And I Was NOT About To Be Cheated On. So I Let Him Go And We Decided To Be Friends....More Or Less Anyways. I Glanced At My Promise Ring That Brandon Had Gave Me A Few Months Before We Broke Up.

"Promises My Ass." I Murmured As I Snatched The Ring Off. I Threw The Covers Over My Head And Fell Asleep.

                ***************

I Was Awaken By Loud Laughter Coming From Downstairs. Where Am I? I Glanced Around The Room. Oh Yeah....Kaidence's House. I Stretched Out And Checked The Time. It Was Three In The Afternoon. Fuck! I Must Have Been Sleeping Good. I Slowly Got Up And Headed To The Bathroom. Oh God! I Looked A Mess. My Curly Hair Was All Over The Place And My Skin Was Very Pale And Dry. Ew. I Turned The Shower On And Took Off All My Clothes. You Know What? I'm Really Skinny Too. Ugh! I Stepped Into The Shower And Just Stood There. A Sniff Of White Powder Makes Me Think My Life Is Over, But Its Not. I Know One Thing....I'll NEVER Do That Again. I Washed My Hair And Washed My Body....Hopefully This Hot Water Will Take Some Paleness Out My Body. I Turned The Shower Off And Stepped Out To Grab My Towel. Once I Was Covered, I Walked Back Into The Room....Preparing To Get Dressed Until Somebody Busted Into The Room. I Screamed Bloody Murder As Three Guns Pointed Towards Me.

"Aw Shit! It's Just My Sister In-law Y'all!" Marvin Said.

"We Almost Fucked Her Lil Ass Up!" Said Kevin.

"Man Right! What You Doing Here?" Marvin Asked.

"I Got Into An Argument With My Dad, And Kaidence Said I Could Crash Here For The Day." I Said. My Lies Were Very Legit.....Unless I Got Caught, But If I Did Get Caught....I'd Just Lie My Way Out Of That As Well.

"Man For What?" He Asked.

"Umm....Can I Get Dressed Please?" I Said.

"Awh Shit! Yeah. My Bad Sis. But Come Talk To Me When You Get Dressed, Aight?" He Said.

"Okay." I Said. They All Hurried Out Of The Room And I Quickly Locked The Door Behind Them. I Let Out A Loud Sigh As I Went To The Drawer To Grab Me Some Clothes.

Marvin And Kaidence's House Was My Home Away From Home. I Had A Lot Of My Stuff Over Here And I Even Decked The Room Out In My Type Of Style So It Was Offically Mines. I Threw On Some Black Shorts And A White Beater And Went To The Bathroom To Blow Dry My Hair.

                  **************

"Bout Damn Time!" Marvin Said, As I Came Downstairs.

"Shut Up!" I Said.

"You And Your Sister Always Be Taking Forever In The Bathroom And Shit." He Said. I Laughed.

"We Get That From Our Mom." I Said.

"Y'all Get Everything From Y'all Mama! Except The Skin Color!" He Said. I Giggled.

"Forget You, Marvin." I Said. I Looked In The Refridgerator And Grabbed Me A Bottled Water.

"So What You And Ya Pops Get Into It About?" He Asked.

"I Don't Wanna Talk About It." I Said, Trying My Best To Sound Upset.

"I Guess Youngin, But Shit We Out. No Need For Me Telling You To Make Yourself At Home Cause You Already Have!" He Said.

"Sure Did." I Said Laughing. Him And His Friends Left And I Was Here Alone. Oh How Weird. I Guess I'll Do Some Yoga Until Kaidence Gets Home.