Chapter 16

[MARVIN'S POV]

2 Months Later...

If It Wasn't Clear Then, I'm Sure It's Clear Now That I'm Back On Drugs. I Know I Said I Was Going To Quit The Day After Kaidence's Party, But Fuck That. I Was In My Car Shooting Up A New Drug That I Took Up Just Last Month. I Laid Back In My Seat And Wiped My Face. Boy Was I High As Hell, But I Needed To Be Higher. Before I Could Figure Everything Out, My Phone Began Ringing.

"What's Up." I Answered.

"Hey Marvin. It's Sabrina. Your Painting Is Almost Done And I Was Calling To See If You Wanted To Stop By And See It." She Said.

"Aw Most Definitely. I'm On My Way." I Said Hanging Up.

I Hired Sabrina To Make A Painting Of Little Twin Angels To Put In The Girls Room, And I Also Needed Her To Make A Basketball Painting For My Lil Man, Kaiden.

I Pulled Into The Apartment Complexes And Hopped Out. I Headed To The Door And Quickly Knocked. Sabrina Answered And Invited Me In.

"Hey." She Said Shyly.

"What's Up." I Said. I Followed Her Into The Living Room And She Presented The Painting.

"I Made Them Look Like Their Mother....From What I Remember Of Her Anyways. If I Knew Your Twin Girls Names, I Could Add Them Here." She Said Pointing To The Blank Spots.

"Hell I Don't Even Know Their Names." I Said Laughing.

"How Far Along Is She? The Night At The Party, She Looked Like She Was Finna Pop." She Said.

"She's Eight Months. The Doctor Said They Could Come Any Day Now And I Know She's Ready. Hell I'm Ready Too." I Said. She Smiled And Nodded.

"But Shit, The Painting Looks Good And I Also Want To Pay You To Do Another Painting For Me. A Basketball Painting For My Son Kaiden." I Said.

"Will Do. Anything Else?" She Asked.

"Nah That's It." I Said. She Looked Down At My Crotch And Then Back Up At Me. Yeah...She Wanted This, But Too Bad For Her I'm A Married Man.

"Okay Then. I'll Get Started On That Today." She Said.

"Preciate It Shawty, But I Gotta Go." I Said, Letting Myself Out. I Hurried To My Car And Hopped In. That Girl Is A Horny Ass Bitch Man I Swear. I Took Another Few Hits Of Cocaine Before Heading To The Crib. My Phone Buzzed And It Was My Cousin Kevin.

"What's Up, Kev." I Answered.

"Reese Is Dead Man!" He Said. My Eyes Widened.

"When The Fuck Did This Happen?" I Snapped.

"I Don't Even Know. His Body Was Found The Other Day, And Now Word On The Street Is His Funeral Is Tomorrow." He Said.

"Fuck Man! Round Up The Niggas And We'll Go Pay Our Respects To Our Homie Tomorrow." I Said.

"Aight Man." He Said. We Hung Up And That Was It. I Turned Up My Radio And Nodded To Kevin Gates. I Had To Retaliate On Whoever Killed My Nigga. He Was Gon Get His.

When I Got Home, I Snorted Up One Last Time And Headed Inside. Kaiden Was Sitting On The Couch Watching Spongebob, But Jumped Up When He Saw Me.

"Daddy!" He Squealed.

"What's Up Lil Man. You Okay?" I Asked. He Nodded.

"I'm Sick." He Said.

"Sick? What's Wrong With You?" I Asked.

"I Got A Fever. Mommy Gave Me Medicine." He Said. I Sat Him Down.

"That's Good. Where's Momma At?" I Asked.

"Upstairs In My Sisters Room." He Said. I Nodded And Headed Upstairs. Kaidence Was In The Girls Room Folding Clothes And Humming A Song.

"Hey Red." I Said.

"Hey Babe." She Said.

"Ain't You Supposed To Be On Bed Rest?" I Asked.

"Mmhmm." She Said, Nodding Her Head.

"Well Shouldn't You Be In Bed?" I Said.

"No. The Girls Can Come At Any Time And I Want Their Room To Be Ready." She Said. I Laughed.

"It Is Ready." I Said.

"No It's Not. Their Clothes Need To Be Hung Up And Folded. Plus..." She Said, But I Cut Her Off.

"Hey Now. Calm Down. We'll Get Everything Done. We'll Finish Everything Tomorrow After The Funeral." I Said.

"Funeral? Who Died?" I Asked.

"Reese." I Said. She Grabbed Her Mouth As She Stopped What She Was Doing To Hug Me.

"I Am So Sorry Babe." She Said.

"It's Fine Babe. His Funeral Is Tomorrow. Me And The Crew Gon Pay Our Respects." He Said.

"Where At? Do You Want Me To Come With You?" She Asked.

"It's An Hour Away And No Red. I Don't Want You To Come. The Doctor Said Bed Rest So Get Your Cute Ass In That Bed And Rest." I Said. She Giggled.

"Yes Sir." She Teased. I Grabbed Her Hand And Led Her To The Bedroom. I Helped Her In Bed And Got In Bed With Her.

"The Girls Are Up." She Said. I Put My Hand On Her Stomach And Felt My Girls Moving.

"They Shaking It In There." I Said.

"Ugh I Know." She Said. There Was A Moment Of Silence And Then She Spoke Again.

"I Decided On The Names." She Said.

"About Damn Time! What Are They?" I Asked. She Laughed.

"I Thought Long And Hard About These Names. I Wanted Them To Have A Strong Name." She Said.

"Please Tell Me You Didn't Name Them After Continents And Countries And Shit!" I Said. She Laughed Harder.

"No! Nothing Like That." She Said.

"Okay So..." I Said.

"Neveah Starr And Naomii Skyee." She Said. I Sat There For A Minute And Glanced At Her. Her Cheeks Burned Red.

"Well..." She Said.

"They're Beautiful. I Love Them." I Said. She Smiled And Kissed Me. The Names Are Offical And I Can't Wait For My Girls To Be Here. This Shit Is Real.

(Kaiden In MM.)