𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝

tw :: swearing, slight mention of death

THE FLUFF IN THIS CHAPTER IS KILLING ME

|

|•|

|

|

"𝐒𝐎 𝐈 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐈 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐎 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖."

💥

my eyes open slowly, squinting hard to try and adjust to the new found light peaking through my curtains. i begin to stretch my limbs out, quickly i'm aware of the force holding me down.

annoyed, i forcefully wriggle my body around until it's facing the culprit. i let out a light sigh at the memory of the night before, my hand seeming to move to his hair without my control. as soon as i touch it though, my wrist is gripped onto to, bakugou's eyes slowly creeping open.

neither of us say anything, curious about the other's thoughts in the moment. why did we do what we did last night? why did it feel so much different than when i did it with denki? my thoughts are cut off when bakugou's hand slowly slides up my hand, gently interlocking our fingers and moving our arms down onto the mattress, our hands still together.

i try to ignore the blush creeping onto my cheeks, feeling all kinds of emotions overwhelm me, one of them in particular sticking out to me. hurt.

i think back to before last night. i had been pissed off at bakugou for weeks because he was being a jerk to me. i can't let this happen, i need an explanation.

i let out a soft sign, my eyes closing for just a moment as i let my hand slide away from his. i look him straight in the eyes, trying not to let my own fill with water. "bakugou, i-" i try to control my feelings, sitting up in my bed. "what you did-"

he cuts me off with a sigh, shoving his finger up to my lips to shush me. "listen, cause i'm only gonna say this once." he tries to seem annoyed, but i can hear in his voice that he feels bad about the way he treated. but why?

"the reason i was being an asshole to you.." he hesitates, seeming unsure of his words, before blurting out, "because i was scared, okay?!"

my eyebrows scrunch together as my face contorts into a look of confusion. bakugou? scared? "of what?" i think aloud.

he lets out a small sigh of frustration, not wanting to get mad. this was his fault after all. "you." he deadpans.

my eyes widen as i look to him, feeling even more confused now. before i have the chance to question him again, he continues. "after you got taken by those villains, i realized something." my head tilts slightly to show him that i was listening.

'i realized that i actually like you." his soft words do not match his gruff voice at all, but i feel something in my heart at his words. "i realized that i actually fucking care about you, and i didn't like it. i thought that if i acted like i hated you my feelings would change."