𝐱𝐱. 𝐢 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

tw :: swearing, ptsd (kind of), flashbacks, fighting/violence, panic attack

|

|

"𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐃, 𝐈 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐎𝐔𝐓.,

💥

i pull myself off of the ground at the sound of loud chatter approaching. i had managed to mostly calm myself down just moments ago. my eyes burn as i watch the group notice me waiting, turning around to walk the few extra steps into where we trained. "took you long enough."

"hey, who did the organizing yesterday?" kaminari ignores my words completely, thinking out loud as we all come to a halt.

each day we select someone to organize our matches for training, that way the person we're up against changes consistently. today it just so happened to be me.

"shit." i mumble under my breath, quiet enough so that no one else could hear. or at least that's what i thought until kaminari lets out an annoying whine.

y/n laughs lightly, patting him on the shoulder and grabbing my attention. "relax, denki." she jokes at his drama. "we can just do whatever pairs we had yesterday. momo, do you still have the sheet?"

i see yaoyorozu digging through her bag for a moment before pulling out a crumpled up piece of paper. "yep, got it!" we all wait, patiently and impatiently as she unfolds the paper, reading it out loud. yes, we had all really forgotten who we sparred with in the span of 24 hours.

"mina and i, kaminari and kirishima, and y/n and bakugou." she says, pausing for just a moment after before adding quietly, "sorry, y/n."

"what the fuck is that supposed to mean?!" i shout.

ignoring my words, y/n moves to the center of the training area, indicating she wanted us to go first. i feel a tinge of fear creep over me as i make my way to stand opposite of y/n. this is bad. why am i afraid? i'm not supposed to be afraid.

"bakugou?" her soft voice pulls me out of my trance, making me look her in the eyes, feeling more afraid as she speaks. "are you okay?"

no.

"of course i am." i scoff, taking a fighting stance. "are we gonna start or what?"

y/n rolls her eyes, getting into a fighting stance as well. it only takes a moment before i hear the voices of the others shouting the word 'go!'! in an instant i'm charging at y/n, making her panic as i've only ever done this during quirkless matches.

"no quirks today?" it's somewhat of a question, somewhat of a statement.

y/n takes it only as a question though, countering my attack and causing us to end up basically just swapping sides. neither of us were even scratched, the only change being our slightly heavy breathing. suddenly, she's taking a step towards me, her arm outstretched as electric charges come shooting out at me."no fun, that's what we did yesterday! what, are you scared?"