Reed, Smith and Jones Part 2

"They've reached third floor." Martha informed them before turning her attention to the thing in the Doctors hand." What's that thing?" she asked him curiously.

"Sonic screwdriver." The Doctor answered her, causing Amanda to feel a sharp pain in her head when she heard the name. She started rubbing the spot and grumbled from the pain.

"Well, if you're not going to answer me properly." Martha said to him, crossing her arms.

"He's telling the truth." Amanda said, not knowing why she was standing up for him nor how she knew he was telling them the truth. Amanda just felt as though she could trust the man, like something deep inside her told her that she could trust him. 

The Doctor casted the brunette a look before nodding. "No, really, it is. It's a screwdriver, and it's sonic. Look." The Doctor pressed a button on his screwdriver, causing it to beep.

"What else have you got, a laser spanner?" Amanda joked, motioning towards his pocket and joining the two by the computer. The Doctor tried hard not to look at the girl again, but he couldn't help it. He tried to look at the differences in backgrounds between Amanda and Amora in his head; for starters Amanda was tanner than Amora and their eyes were two different shades of blue. Amanda's features were sharper, and she was even taller than Amora. So far, those were the only physical differences between them that he had noticed but their mannerisms were very similar, which did nothing but give him hope that maybe his desire was real.

"I did, but it was stolen by Emily Pankhurst, cheeky woman." He said, a bit annoyed when he remembered what she did. "Oh, this computer! The Judoon must have locked it down. Judoon platoon upon the moon. Because I was just travelling past. I swear, I was just wandering. I wasn't looking for trouble, honestly, I wasn't, but I noticed these plasma coils around the hospital, and that lightning, that's a plasma coil. Been building up for two days now, so I checked in. I thought something was going on inside. It turns out the plasma coils were the Judoon up above." The Doctor rambled as he stayed focus on the computer in front of him.

"You know Doctor Sexy," Amanda interrupted causing him to look at her, still not used to the name he gave her," You're pretty cute when you ramble." She said with a wink. She did not know why but she felt calmer when he started to ramble; it felt very familiar to her. The Doctor tried to push down the pangs in his hearts and just gave her a small nod and smile.

"But what were they looking for?" Martha asked, trying to go back to the Doctors' past comment, though she was curious as to the Doctor's behavior with her friend.

Amanda tried hard not to stare at the Doctor too much, noticing how he acted around her, but she just thought that he might nervous or shy. Though how can you be any of those things when you deal with these types of situations all the time, she wondered but that was a question she just had to ask at a later time hopefully.

"Something that looks human but isn't." He spoke, looking at the screen. He shot a look over to Amanda but quickly went back to the screen when she looked over to him. 

"Like you, apparently." Martha said doubtfully as she looked the man over.

"Like me. But not me." The Doctor replied back to her.

"Haven't they got a photo?" Martha asked him curiously.

"Well, might be a shape-changer. That's why they aren't using a photo because they could change shape and size." Amanda said to them, surprising the Doctor and Martha with her response.

Martha and the Doctor looked at Amanda, causing her to shrug. "I watch a lot of Sci-Fi/Fantasy shows when I'm at the flat by myself." She explained to them.