Family of Blood Part One

Authors Note: Sorry for the short chapter but there are some exciting news. First, my family issues have ended; everyone is alright, and we are moving everything behind us. Second, there are going to be at least eight more chapters before the book ends. Lastly, the third and final book will be releasing chapters in mid to late August, I am not 100% when but I will notify you guys once I do. 

"Make your decision, Mister Smith." Jenny demanded from the 'human' man.

"Perhaps if that human heart breaks, the Time Lord will emerge." Baines threw out a suggestion, causing Jacqueline eyes to widen. She looked at John, who held a terrified look on his face and she desperately wished that she could talk, just to give him some comfort or to at least say goodbye to him. She wished she could give him something in her last moment. 

She let out a tear as she mouthed the best she could her goodbyes to him. She repeated her goodbyes even when she felt her throat tightening up and her lips began to wobble as the tears ran down her face. 

"Time Lord." John's voice called out, yet it did not come from John himself.

"It's him!" Baines cried out. Martha manages to get herself of out of Jenny's hold and removes her gun before using Jenny as a shield. She then points the gun at a startled Baines. 

"All right! One more move and I shoot." Martha warned. Jacqueline eyes widened at her; she was amazed at Martha. 

"Oh, the maid is full of fire." Baines said creepily as he tilted his head to stare at her. 

"And you can shut up!" Martha snapped, firing the gun at the ceiling. 

"Careful, Son of Mine. This is all for you so that you can live forever." Clarke warned Baines, causing Amada to realize that they were possessed by a family. 

"Shoot you down." Baines said, pointing his own gun at Martha. 

"Try it. We'll die together." Martha said to him. 

"Would you really pull the trigger? Looks too scared." Baines said, doubting Martha. 

Martha looked at him determinedly. "Scared and holding a gun's a good combination. Do you want to risk it?" And with that, the family lowers their guns. John let out a sigh of relief as Jacqueline was let go. She hurriedly rushed to his side, pulling him into a hug before they returned their attention back to the family. 

"Jacqueline put on the ring." Martha demanded, causing Jacqueline to let out a wary and scared glare Martha's way. John immediately shook his head, not wanting Jacqueline further involved with everything that was happening. "Doctor, get everyone out. There's a door at the side. It's over there. Go on. Do it, Mister Smith. I mean you." she told him. 

"Do what she said. Everybody out, now. Don't argue, Mister Jackson. They're mad. That's all we need to know. Susan, Miss Cooper, outside, all of you." Joan instructed, opening the doors to let everyone out. The villagers run out, screaming.

"Move yourself, boy. Back to the school, quickly." John instructed Latimer. Jacqueline gave the boy an urgent look, waving him off to go find safety.

"And you. Go on. Just shift." Martha told them as she continued to face the family. 

"What about you?" John asked her. He wanted to stay and help Martha, but he also wanted to get Jacqueline somewhere safe and away from all the danger. 

"Mister Smith, I think you should escort your partner and your friend to safety, don't you?" Martha asked as she gave Jacqueline an apologetic look, seeing how afraid the girl was. John nodded at Martha before ushering Jacqueline and Joan out the door. Once outside, John began to direct some of the people while Joan began to advised people to find shelter.