Favorite Sociopath ✨

summary: damon and bonnie leave you in charge of babysitting kai. you accept willingly as time to get to know him.

tags: characters watching american horror story / ahs references, talking about trauma, past child abuse, childhood trauma, accidental cuddling / cuddling, bonding

word count: ~3.5k

"I'm almost finished, shut up," Bonnie snaps at the brooding man beside her

Damon puts his hands up, "jeez."

"He's in Georgia. At this location," she points to the site on the map.

"What's he doing there?"

"It's your brother, you tell me."

"It's not like I control him!"

"Ah," a voice interrupts their arguing, "the two of you, still bickering. Just like in the old days of 1994."

"Shut up, Kai," Damon orders the younger man.

"Harsh words! I'm hurt." He grabs his chest as if he were stabbed.

"You're fine."

The siphon clicks his tongue, "so when are we leaving?"

"We? You're not going anywhere."

"Oh come on! I helped," he gestures vaguely, "with the spell."

"Suggesting a locator spell is not helping. But regardless, your help or lack thereof is not why you're not coming. You're dangerous; you can't be trusted. You're staying here. Y/N, you're watching him."

"What?" Bonnie whips to face Damon before you can even comment. "He cannot be alone with her, he'll kill her! How do you think Elena will feel when she finds out you let the psychopath murder her cousin?"

"Please, she'll be fine! She can handle her own."

"Kai is a psychopath! Whether or not she can handle her own means nothing when you have a psychotic witch against a mere human!"

"Only slightly offended," you mutter. Then louder, "I'll be fine, trust me. Kai's a sociopath, not a psychopath."

"And that means what exactly? That he's not capable of killing you?"

"No, I'm just saying... I don't know... I trust him. Sociopaths at least have the capability to feel emotions, they're just buried, or reserved for certain people. Psychopaths are the ones that scare me."

Both are obviously baffled from your statement. Though as soon as Bonnie gets over it, she yells, "you trust him?! Are you crazy?"

Kai borrows your words, "only slightly offended." It makes you chuckle. "Just a reminder - I'm right here."

"And?"

"And, Bonnie, no. She's not crazy. She can think for herself, y'know? And she's right - I'm not going to hurt her."