His For Eternity ✨🖤⛓️💚

summary: alaric steals a gemini grimoire, summoning you and kai back to mystic falls. trying to get it back proves to be a challenge with a risk kai's not willing to take. (heretic!kai) (witch!reader)

tags: hurt / comfort, smut, violence / blood, blood drinking, kidnapping / minor torture, eventual smut, blowjobs, vaginal sex, dom!kai but also soft!kai

word count: 8.2k

"I don't like being back here," you mutter to your boyfriend, whilst stealing a fry off his plate

"I don't like being back here," you mutter to your boyfriend, whilst stealing a fry off his plate. "We're supposed to be on the run from these people, not strolling back into their town."

"I know, but I just need that book back, and then we'll be out before they even know we were here," he whispers.

You glance around the room, unconvinced.

"I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you, princess."

"That's not what I'm worried about. You're the one that Damon wants dead."

"Let him try. In case he forgot, I'm a heretic now."

"Trust me when I said he's probably thought of a way around that," you sigh. "Kai, is it really that important? I can't live without you."

"It's not that it's important, but it's the fact that Alaric is the one that stole it. The only reasons he would go all the way to Portland just to steal one of my father's grimoires is if he's trying to bring Jo back, or if those twins survived somehow. I can't have him stealing centuries worth of Gemini knowledge that could possibly take me down."

You hate it, but know he's right. Kai is the leader of a nearly extinct coven, but he is still the leader. If Alaric has access to any of the grimoires, he could do some serious damage.

"Okay. I understand. What do you need me to do?"

He pops a fry into his mouth. "Sit tight and let me do all the dangerous stuff."

"Kai."

His teeth clench. He hates putting you in harm's way.

"Fine. If you could do a locator's spell on the book. That would help."

"Okay," you give a small smile, "let's go find this missing grimoire, shall we?"

Cloaked under a simple spell, the two of you make your way back to the motel just outside of town where you planned to stay for the duration of this trip. Kai hated the idea of staying in a motel, but you knew it would be the least conspicuous place to be in case anyone caught wind of your return.

Ever since the night of the wedding - aka the night of Jo's death, aka the night Kai turned, aka the night Elena was cursed - the two of you have been on the run. It was a horrible day for you, having to watch the sister of the man you loved get married, while he was rotting away in another prison world. But then, right before her vows, he came back. In the blink of an eye, the wedding was turned upside down. Gentle cries turned to begs for mercy, but of course, none received it. They didn't deserve it. You smiled as the members of the Gemini Coven died off one-by-one. You remember spitting in Joshua's face when he pleaded for his life.