More Than Friends ✨🖤

summary: your "more than friends" status with kai is revealed when you lose hold of a silencing spell. jo, of course, has a lot to say about it. (80s!kai x witch!reader)

tags: fluff, smut, choking, vaginal sex, pet names, overstimulation, loss of consciousness, spell failure, dysfunctional family, mentions of child abuse, siphoning

word count: 2.9k

"Do you hear that?"

"Do you hear that?"

The smallest sound of a girl's whine is heard over the movie playing. The boy watching the screen turns to his girlfriend to see if she caught it, too.

"Jo?"

"Hm, what?"

"Did you hear that noise?"

Suddenly, on the tv, a woman cries out. The killer has slashed her throat.

"That one?"

"No, you goof, the one coming from upstairs. I thought we were home alone tonight."

"We are. Aside from Kai, but Kai is Kai. He doesn't leave his room."

"Well could he be doing anything to be making that noise?"

"Jackson, I don't even hear a noise. But no, he has strict orders from Dad and he knows the consequences if he breaks them."

Jackson stills. Maybe he didn't hear anything. In the back of his mind, he knows he did, but if Jo says it's nothing, it's nothing. Besides, if it is her brother, he figures it's best to leave it alone. Jack's never met Kai - Jo's been adamant about that - but he does know the basics from her and her siblings.

You can't touch him, and you really shouldn't talk to him. He can hurt people just by touching them, and will hurt people to get his way.

Jo's little sister, Clara, had said to him once: if Kai doesn't wear his gloves, Daddy gets mad, because then he can hurt us. He did it to Sarah once and made her cry.

That alone is enough to keep him away from the boy. And despite his curiosities, he refuses to pry, mostly out of fear of Jo's dad. Even without the dangerous son, the man is scary. The first time he showed up on the doorstep to take Jo out on a date, he had nearly threatened him. Sure, that's a typical dad thing, but something tells him that Joshua Parker wouldn't hesitate to actually harm him if he thinks it's necessary. Maybe that's where Kai gets it...

An eerie chuckle from the TV snaps the boy out of his thoughts as Chucky approaches his next victim.

Jo curls into her boyfriend, sweating. "Maybe we should've watched "Children of the Corn" instead," she mutters.

Oh, yeah, that's another thing...

Jackson's mind flashes back to about an hour ago, when they were picking the movie.

"Not "Children of the Corn"," Jo shudders, "that boy shares a name with my brother."

Kai's real name is Malachai. How creepy is that?!