Chapter 6: Training

No. The answer was no.

When they were sparring as training a few weeks later in the class that was watched over by All Might, Dazai, and Chuuya, Atsushi and Akutagawa were paired to spar.

The rest of the class had yet to see them use their quirks as they had been focusing on strategy and skills instead of control over them. They had been doing so in private due to Dazai's request of them to. The class hoped that they would finally see them use them in action today.

"Okay! Let's set some ground rules." Dazai actually seemed like he would be a decent referee. "You are not to use use your quirks. Just what you have been working on recently. Is that clear."

Both boys affirmed, whilst the class groaned in disappointment.

"Well," Midoriya, ever the optimist, chirped, "At least we can see what their fighting styles are! Even if we have to stand at a distance..." He trailed off.

"Yes. We should use this experience to learn how to fight alongside them when facing villains. Pay close attention." Iida's arm looked like helicopter blades do when flying.

"Ready! Set! Go!" Dazai started the fight.

Without 1-A seeing it, they were already clashing in a fight. They watched in awe as they fought. They looked as if they were dancing.

"Are they fighting...or is this a dance?" Mina, the dancing queen, couldn't even tell.

"It is a fight." Dazai seemed to materialize.

"Dazai-Sensei!" They all jumped in surprise. Even All Might.

"How long have you been there?! And where is Chuuya-Sensei?" Ojiro freaked out.

"Oh! Chibi has a meeting with Nezu right now so he isn't here. And I've been standing here since the beginning of the fight."

"You can be...oddly silent." Jirou seemed a little freaked.

"I suppose that I do. Everyone please direct attention to the fight. Observe closely, and trust me, you will learn something."

As they were focused on the fight, Midoriya started mumbling. "How long have they been fighting? Akutagawa mentioned that he lived in poverty, so it makes some sense for him, but Atsushi grew up in an orphanage. Did he get into fights a lot? He doesn't seem like that sort of person, though..."

Iida, hearing his mumbling decided to ask Dazai. "Sensei, are you aware of how long I got Akutagawa and Atsushi have been training in fighting?"

"Hnn... well Akutagawa trained under me from the ages 14 to 16, and a few months before moving I started training him again, but Atsushi only started training about a year ago."

"Only a year ago! What is he, a prodigy or something?" Mina expressed shocked.

"Indeed. Atsushi...is a very special case. And prodigy really."

"What do you mean by that" All Might asked boisterously.

"Atsushi did not go to school as a young child, he was not in a situation where he could, but yet he has no problem keeping up with his peers in school."

"What!  But he's already viewed as one as of the smart kids in class. He helped me in math literally the day we met. He noticed I was struggling and walked me through it in a way that I even understood." Kaminari looked ready to explode.

Iida affirmed with, "I saw it, and he explained in a way no one has ever thought to explain it to Kaminari, and it clearly helped as he had not asked for help with that sort of problem since."

Suddenly the sounds of Atsushi and Akutagawa's fight ceased.

"Hm, they shouldn't be finished yet. I estimated about three minutes more of fighting." As Dazai said this the class redirected all their attention away from the conversation and to where the two were.

As they looked they saw a dark mist that seemed black with a tint of purple. It was impossible to mistake it.

"Villain's!" Sato exclaimed. As he said this a hoard of villains materialized out of the mist. Once all the lackey villains were out, three that seemed like they could actually do damage stepped out of it.

The first was a high school aged girl with two spiked buns and fangs. Her uniform was stained by blood in a few places, and you could tell some of it was rather old. She stood on the left of the man in the middle.

The man on the right had black hair, but white tips were showing if you looked close enough. He had many scars from what looked like burns. He wore a black trench coat that was just as much in shambles as the rest of his look.

The man in the middle has a very light blue color as his hair, plain black clothes, and hands all over his body.

As these people all appeared not even one hundred feet away from the two whose spar had been interrupted, the man in the middle said one small sentence. "Hello heroes."