Chapter 12: Mystery Class

The class had retired after voting Atsushi as the winner, everyone still in awe of his photo wall, and now it was the next day and they were in class.

"Alright class, today we will be doing something different than we ever have before today." Aizawa stated causing the class to buzz with curiosity.  "Because of all the villain attacks that we have gone through, we are going to do a mental health day."

"Mental health day? What are we gonna do for it, go to the spa?" Kaminari joked.

"Yes, we will be going to the UA spa." Aizawa told the class.

"Wait! UA has a spa and I didn't know about it!" Mina freaked out.

"The spa was built at the same time as the dorms, but primarily for faculty use. We have deemed that the need for a mental health day like we will have today important enough to let you into it."

"How cool!" Shoji coolly remarked.

"Aside from the use of the spa, we will also be pulling everyone individually and doing a small therapy session with you.  We will check on your mental standing and decide whether we should continue to pull you.  If it's decided that we should continue to pull you, you will miss out on an hour of class each week. Your classmates will be there to help you catch up with what you missed."

"Wow. This seems really thought out." Ojiro commented.

"Yes, we have been working on arranging a day like this for a while.  We must always take our students mental welfare into account alongside their physical.  If we only focused on one, we would be shoddy hero's."

With that, Aizawa gestured for the class to follow, and they soon disappeared down the hall.

***

The artificial hot springs were an odd type where swimming suits were provided for the attendees as there was only one pool.  Due to this, everyone was sitting and relaxing in the pool when Aizawa came to grab the first of them for the required therapy.

"Is there anyone who would like to go first?" Aizawa inquired.

"I will go first so that I can show and reassure my classmates that this is no big deal and there is nothing to be afraid of!" Iida proclaimed.

And so went the day.  There were very few people left that needed to be pulled for the mock therapy session, and amongst the few, it was, of course Atsushi and Akutagawa.

"What are the therapy checkups like?" Atsushi asked interrupting the classes previous conversation on the pros and cons of cannibalism.

Tokoyami was the one who briught it up.

Midoriya was the one who spouted facts of its nutritional value.

The class watched on in horror and morbid fascination.

Until suddenly Atsushi spoke up.  "Cannibalism sucks, I'd know."  Most of the class looked on in confusion, and Atsushi seeing this continued on. "Have you ever heard of self cannibalism?"

Tokoyami nodded.  "Yes, I've never been too sure what to feel about that topic in all honesty.  It scares me to think about what could cause someone to do that."

"I mean, for me at first it was because I thought it was fairly normal, after all my parents would eat parts of me cause we were so poor and starving, but during my time in the orphanage I learned it wasn't normal and preferred Chazuke but sometimes due neglect I'd have to return to it so that to could stay alive."

The class sat there in shock for a few moments until they all screamed.

"What!"

"Your parents ate you!"

"The orphanage what!"

"You've eaten yourself!"

It was chaos.

"I don't think we had told them about that yet." Akutagawa turned to Atsushi. "And now they're freaking out."

"Oh!  Yea, you guys should just forget that then.  Wouldn't want to worry or confuse you." Atsushi smiled.

In the doorway stood Aizawa and Uraraka, who had just returned from the mental health check in she was required to have.

"So you two are officially getting therapy.  Don't even need to do the check in!" Aizawa proclaimed, obviously distressed.

As Atsushi looked around, he noticed that some of the class was crying.  Some were obviously trying to not puke.  Some looked like they wanted to kill somebody, namely the headmaster.  Most looked sad.

"Is...is my youth really that weird here?"Atsushi couldn't help but ask. "Where we come from it's not good by any means, but at least I wasn't whisked away into the mafia at a young age."

"Indeed." Akutagawa nodded, also looking around the class to see their reactions.

"Problem children, that is not okay.  No one, especially children, should not have to resort to self cannibalism to survive.  No one should have to worry about needing to join a mafia."  Aizawa approached them, and whispered in a voice almost too silent to hear.  "No one should have to deal with any of what you two have."  His face was worried.  But it also held an underlying fondness that was directed towards the two.

He hadn't admitted it before this moment, still unsure what to think of the two new teachers and their protégés that seemed so weird, but he knew now that just like the rest of his class, these two were his kids.

They had been through so much.

Now he just had to find out how to help them.

***

In the dorms later, Atsushi and Akutagawa were in Atsushi's room.

Atsushi was facing the wall of pictures he had.  Specifically the section he had put pictures of his UA experience.

"I know who it is." Atsushi said with a smirk.