Chapter 10: Creativity

Class was back up. Atsushi wasn't there still.

Akutagawa told them that he got sick.

Hakagure knew different.

She hadn't told the rest of the class exactly what happened, just that it wasn't hers to share.

As the day went on, they could tell Akutagawa was antsy, barely able to focus in class.

***

It was Heroics Class, and Dazai wasn't there.

Chuuya-sensei explained that it was due to him taking care of Atsushi.

"Wait, is he really that sick!?" Ojiro said

"His Revelry in the Dark must not be pleasant at the moment." Tokoyami nodded.

"As long as I've known him, he rarely gets sick, but when he does it's bad" Chuuya explained.

"Tch...that makes sense." Bakugou grumbled.

"Well, let's get class started!" Chuuya barked.  "Today we will be training the basics further.  How can you expect to use the particular, small details of your quirk without perfecting the simple things!"

At this, the class complained.

"We've been using our quirks our whole lives! We know how to use them!"

"That's not fair!"

"Bet he doesn't even know what he's talking about. His is just so strong it was hard to master."

"How will you get better if you spend your time grumbling!" Chuuya interrupted. "I spent years learning the basic of my quirk before I even attempted to develop more complicated techniques.  I spent time controlling the gravity of small things near me before I used it on myself.  I've worked it to perfection, and you need to do that too!"

"Perfection!  How are we supposed to do that?  It's impossible!" Hakagure exclaimed.  "I barely can return from being invisible, like, ever!  How am I supposed to do that by will!" 

"That's the thing.  What worked for me, will not be working for you.  I learned how to float objects first, but then I realized that I could also reverse that process.  I worked until I could control both to the molecular scale."

"Molecular scale! Chuuya-Sensei, we have similar quirks. Will you please teach me!" Uraraka shouted. She had been wanting to ask for advice with training from Chuuya, but hadn't known how to go about it. "I would really appreciate it!"

"I'm sorry Uraraka, but I won't. You need to find the best way you can use your quirk. Not copy someone else."

"Indeed. There are no weak quirks, just people who aren't creative enough to use them." This surprisingly came from Akutagawa. "Heck, my quirk is literally just to control my clothes, but look how far I've evolved it."

"That is true...how did you evolve it to that level?" Uraraka asked.

"When me and my sister lived in the slums, she really wanted a pet.  I tried to find a cheap one, but...that didn't really work, so I decided to turn my coat into one."

"Coat...into a pet..." Kaminari was for once not the only one confused.

"Yeah, that's how I came up with Rashomon. My sister named her too." Akutagawa nodded.

"Did you just refer to your quirk as a girl?" Tokoyami asked curiously.

"Yes. Her name is Rashomon."

"Would she want to meet Dark Shadow?"

"Sure, they can meet."

"...okay, weird coat facts aside, I am going to go around as you guys train. The challenge is for you to use your quirk in a new way. If needed, ask friends for ideas, I don't care. Let's get going!"

As the class dispersed, many were left wondering just how far they could truly push their quirks.

***

What do yall think? Will Class 1-A push their quirks into something we've never seen before?