Chapter 9: Discovery

It...was not what she expected.

The room she had broken into was Atsushi's since Akutagawa's was the one that opened.

Through time, they had learned that the rooms were interlocked, so it didn't matter which they entered.

The wall of the room had many pictures, seemingly from a Polaroid.

There were all sorts of people in them. As she examined one of a large group with a banner that read, "Welcome to the ADA!" She realized that Atsushi looked older there.

But how was that possible?

"It must just be the lighting" Hakagure mumbled.

The picture had Dazai in it too, but no Chuuya or Akutagawa.

Other pictures did have them though.

Some even had the class!

She could spend hours and still not see all the pictures.

The rest of the room was also just a happy atmosphere. The wall by the pictures was a butter-yellow, and upon further inspection, the wall with the pictures was too. It was just hard to tell.

The other two walls were a light grey that corresponded with Atsushi's hair. His bed was simple with sheets the yellow of the walls, and bedding the grey. It had a simple design on it that seemed a bit like tiger print.

As she noticed the small door facing where Akutagawa's room just about was, she headed over to it, and after peeking her head out the window to make sure the others were still distracting Akutagawa, she silently slipped through when she got the confirmation.

***

"How do you think it's going for her up there?" Kaminari asked once the class met once more in the common room.

"Hopefully good" Mina expressed.

"Yeah, we don't know how they'd react to us doing that."

"Probably not good.  I would be angry in their situation." Todoroki pointed out.

"I hope everything is okay..." Midoriya trailed of, beginning to mumble the way only he and Bakugou could understand.

***

As Hakagure stepped into the new room, she saw that it wasn't as dark as she had thought it would be.

It had a surprising amount of books, and a few framed photos on the wall, in contrast with Atsushi's whole wall. There were the same people in Atsushi, and Akutagawa's rooms photos.

His bed was a simple black, but there was LED lighting all over the room. It was on a red, but hard to see over all the other light in the room. The ceiling lights were on full opacity, and the windows were open.

Hearing Akutagawa close the door, she hid in the corner.

***

As Akutagawa closed the doors room, he sighed, turning to where Atsushi was hidden and wrapped in a blanket by the beds end.

He was unresponsive to almost everything, mumbling under his breath, once more hyperventilating. 

If Akutagawa listened carefully, he could hear Atsushi saying, "All my fault...Not good enough...Monster...Useless...Selfish..."

He just kept going.

He had stopped for a little bit, but the classmates knocking on the door had restarted it.

Akutagawa hated seeing him like this.

He always had.

He knew he couldn't do much but be by him and tell him sweet nothings.

He despised when Atsushi had panic attacks.

He didn't deserve them.

Atsushi was always so nice, even with all he'd been through.

It was one of the reasons Akutagawa loved him.

Akutagawa sat down besides Atsushi, and once more started to whisper sweet nothing upon sweet nothing to him.

I'm that moment, Atsushi was all that mattered.

***

Hakagure didn't know how to react.

Atsushi...had panic attacks!

Tears started to well up in her eyes, and realizing that due to Akutagawa's pure focus on comforting Atsushi, slipped back to Atsushi's room.

Seeing Uraraka out there she shouted, "Coming down!"

As Uraraka caught her, she finally allowed herself to cry. 

She cried for Atsushi.

She cried for Akutagawa.

She cried cause she didn't know what to do.

What would she do now, knowing why they had been shut in the room.

She had to decide.  Fast.