Chapter 9: Day off

You woke up in the Black Abyss per usual, can't move, nor speak just surrounded in the black abyss. 

Like the routine goes you hear the voice cry out your name and then it grows more violent, but around the third time the sparks would come, or the rush of energy, but none of that happened, the voice called out a bit longer than usual. 

Then the rush of energy came, but instead of it's blinding white light, the energy came rushing at a violent color of red and it makes contact with your body. 

But instead of you waking up, you were floating in the abyss, finally the colorful sparks came approaching you, surrounding you as your floating in the abyss. as the color surround you, they form into a white flash but not to blinding and not to violent.

Until you begin to fall violently, feeling as if you had a heavy object on your chest, falling into the nothingness, causing you to wake up violently.

It's like a routine at this point, your sweating bullets, your chest going up and down while trying to catch your breath.

While trying to calm down you hear a knock at your bedroom door, "Hey Y/n, can I come in" Deshawn asks on the other side of the door, you couldn't answer right away because you were so out of breath.

"Sure you can come in" you finally say catching your breath, he opens the door letting himself in and he walks over to your bed and sitting on the edge of it.

The first thing he noticed was how sweaty and out breath you were "Woah you look like you've been through some....shit" he says a bit concerned "Yea no I'm fine" you lie still trying to catch your breath. 

"Well I wanted to talk to you because I feel like we've been fighting a lot lately" he says with his chin down, you've never seen your brother so exhausted and sad, his eyes were so baggy and look so tear filled.

"I hate that we've been doing more fighting, I hate fighting with you Y/n, I really do" he says still looking down.

"De I hate fighting to, and I know you do so much for us, and I really can't thank you enough for putting us in this position, I'm grateful" you say looking at your brother. "But can you at least tell me where have you been those few days you were gone?" you ask.

Your brother tensed at the question but none the less he answered "I was out of town, I was applying for a promotion that my job was offering, it offers 10x the pay I get more, and it'll cover all of our health insurance" he says a bit in a happy tone, finally looking at you.. 

"De thats great! but why didn't you tell me about this sooner??" you say excitedly. "I wanted to wait until I actually got the position and start spoiling you with gifts and shit like that" he says laughing. 

Man, it's been so long since you heard your brother laugh, he actually looks happy under his exhaustion, you couldn't help but smile.

It's not so easy to smile once you've taken the role of Man of the house at such a young age, he was only 9 once your parents were killed, and he did what he could to keep you both alive on the dangerous streets of Japan, he had to fight for food, fight for a nice comfortable spot on the street just to sleep, hell, he even fought for a cardboard box just to keep you both dry underneath the rain.

He's done so much, it's almost like he never had a childhood, so he tried to make sure you had one, you both use to live in a broken down treehouse, he had to use old diapers and news papers as cloths. Your brother was a hero in your eyes.

"Thank you de" you say thinking back on what he's done for you, almost bringing you to tears, knowing that he's been through so much and yet he's here thriving.