joe burrow

requested by: @yuhyuhbestie1

title: you got this

third person

(y/n) smiles as she takes in the scene. today is the afc championship game, with the cincinnati bengals playing the kansas city chiefs in arrowhead stadium. her boyfriend joe burrow has waited all year to get back to this moment. he wants nothing more than to go back to the superbowl and finally get a ring.

(y/n) is shaken out of her thoughts when ja'marr chase puts his hand on her shoulder. she turns around and sees an uncertain look on his face. "what's up with you ja'marr?" (y/n) asks.

"joe isn't coming out of the locker room and he isn't talking to anyone. he really needs you right now" ja'marr explains. (y/n) nods in agreement as ja'marr grabs her hand and leads her to the locker room.

"thank goodness you're here (y/n). talk some sense into him" sam hubbard gives her a weak smile as he walks out of the locker room. the locker room is completely empty now besides (y/n) and joe. (y/n) walks farther inside the locker room to see joe holding his head in his hands.

"hey baby" (y/n) says breaking the silence. "do you want to tell me what's running through your mind?" (y/n) puts her hand on joe's back and starts rubbing his back to comfort him. joe takes his head out of his hands and looks at (y/n). he has red tear-stained checks and has this sad look in his eyes.

"what if i can't do this?" joe sighs as he lightly lays his head on (y/n)'s shoulders. "what if i choke and everyone was right? that it was a fluke we made it to the superbowl last year?"

"hey, listen to me" (y/n) lifts joe's head off of her shoulder. she uses her left hand to hold joe's chin so that he is making eye contact with her. "you are joseph lee burrow. you can do anything you put your mind to"

"you are so amazing whenever you step out onto that field. you always know how to go out there and do your job. i love when you celebrate touchdowns with your teammates, making them all feel super important" (y/n) smiles.

"i love when you cheer on the defense from the sidelines as you wait to go back on the field. i love how you go out there and prove everyone wrong. and that is what you are going to do today."

"you don't have to go out there and be superman. all you need to do is be yourself. i believe in you, your teammates and coaches believe in you. now all you need is for you to believe in yourself" (y/n) finishes her speech as she sees a small smile grow on joe's face.

"you always know the perfect things to say to me. i love you so so much" joe laughs as he places a kiss on (y/n)'s lips.

"i love you too, j. now go out on that field and make everyone proud" they both get up but joe suddenly stops before the locker room doors. "what's keeping you?" (y/n) asks.

"you" joe answers as he runs toward (y/n). he lifts her and spins her around, causing an eruption of giggles. he looks into her eyes for a few seconds before kissing her once again. "you take my breath away" joe admits.

"you give me butterflies" (y/n) blushes. joe places (y/n) back on the ground. he takes one last look at his girlfriend as he runs out of the locker room. the locker room goes quiet for a few seconds before joe runs back through the doors one last time.

"i'm going to marry you one day," he says with a giant smile on his face before finally making his way onto the field for the coin toss.

~~~

i hope this was good and that you enjoyed it! continue requesting :)

have a beautiful day / night

- emily <3