dawson knox

requested by: @CO1162

title: i love you no matter what

third person

~ flashback ~

"the ball is thrown and it is caught in the end zone by the tight end dawson knox. and with that brentwood high school has won the state championship!" the high school announcer says excitedly into the microphone.

everyone on the team runs onto the field and dog piles on top of dawson in celebration. dawson celebrates with them, but his mind is only on one person. his girlfriend and the love of his life, (y/n).

once everyone gets off of him, he scans the field when he finally locks eyes with (y/n). she runs towards dawson and jumps into his arms. "i'm so proud of you baby" (y/n) says with a smile on her face.

"thank you for being my biggest supporter (y/n). i love you so much" dawson places a kiss on (y/n)'s lips.

"i love you too" (y/n) responds as she leans into the kiss. "you are going to be in the nfl one day. mark my words"

"as long as we are still together, i don't care if i'm in the nfl or not. i just can't imagine what my life would be like without" dawson explains.

"you keep giving more and more reasons as to why i love you" (y/n) kisses dawson on the lips.

~ present day ~

"ok you can open your eyes" dawson takes off (y/n)'s blindfold. when she opens her eyes she sees their high school football field. they walk over to their high school logo that is painted in the middle of the field. when they get there it is covered in roses and candles.

"what's going on here?" (y/n) asks.

"so many important things have happened here," dawson says as he grabs both of (y/n)'s hands and places them gently in his. "for starters this is where i got my start in football. i definitely wouldn't be in the nfl now without this place"

"this is where you caught the game-winning touchdown in the state championship" she adds.

"but most importantly, this is where we first met. we first met when we were in freshman-year gym class. i thought you were the prettiest girl out here when we were doing our laps around the field." he explains. "this is also where i asked you to be my girlfriend after we won our homecoming game that year"

dawson get's down on one knee and pulls a ring box out of his pocket. "(y/n), when i look at my life all i see is you. if i woke up one day not being able to play football, i could live with that. but if i had to wake up one day and you weren't by my side, i honestly wouldn't be able to do it. (y/n), you are my best friend. you always know how to bring out the complete best in me. these past few years together have been so much fun, but i'm ready to take the next step"

"(y/n), will you marry me?" dawson opens the ring box as the tears start to roll down his face.

"yes" (y/n) cries. dawson puts the ring on (y/n)'s finger and then places a kiss on her lips. he lifts her off the ground and spins her around.

"i can't wait for you to be (y/n) knox" dawson smiles as he pulls (y/n) closer to him

~ 2 weeks later ~

"so" (y/n) stands up at the dinner table, where she is eating dinner with her parents and dawson. "dawson and i have some exciting news. we are going to get married" (y/n) tells her parents with pure excitement in her voice.

"oh, that's wonderful sweetheart" (y/n)'s dad says fakely. (y/n)'s mom stays quiet.

"are you going to say something mom?" (y/n) questions.

"i guess we should have said something before, but we don't really like you dawson. we think that our little girl can do much better" (y/n)'s mom explains.

hearing her mom's words hit her ears causes her smile to falter and for tears to form in her eyes. dawson extends his hand out to her and she gladly holds it. "are you two being serious?" (y/n) laughs.

"yes, we are. we just thought you two would be high school sweethearts, nothing else. we never saw your relationship developing after that, but i guess we were wrong" (y/n)'s dad continues.

"you know what?" (y/n) asks. "screw you guys. i honestly don't care about your opinion on this matter because as long as i love dawson and dawson loves me. it doesn't matter. i love dawson so much that it hurts. he is the first thing i think of before i go to bed and he is the first thing i think of when i wake up in the morning. he makes me so happy, that i can't imagine what life would be like without him."

"no matter what happens in life, i know that i will always have dawson and that i will always love him. so mom and dad, feel free to do us all a favor of not showing up to the wedding. i have become best friends with josh allen and i would much rather have people i love and support me, walk me down the aisle than you dad" (y/n) throws her napkin on the ground and walks out of the house hand in hand with dawson.

as soon as (y/n) slams the door shut, she gets up on her tiptoes and kisses dawson. she grabs his head to deepen the kiss. "i love you so much dawson, i'm sorry you have shitty inlaws"

"it's ok pretty girl, i love you too" dawson smiles proud of his fiancé for sticking up to her rude parents.

~~~

a/n

would you like to see a part 2 of the wedding?