dawson knox

title: i love you no matter what part 2

third person

(y/n) smiles as she looks at her reflection in the mirror. she takes in her white flowy wedding dress along with a pretty but simple veil. "wow, you look so beautiful" a male voice fills her ears. (y/n) turns around to see her best friend josh allen.

"thanks, josh" (y/n) walks over to josh and hugs him. she presses her face lightly into his chest and takes a deep breath.

"how are you feeling (y/n)?" josh asks genuinely.

"i'm beyond excited to get married to dawson because i can't imagine my life without him" (y/n) responds truthfully.

"there is something else that is bothering you, isn't there?" josh says. he is really good friends with (y/n) so he has gotten pretty good at noticing when things are bothering her.

"it just sucks that my parents don't support my relationship with dawson" (y/n) sighs sadly. "but i am honestly really glad they aren't here because i want today to be filled with so much happiness. they would only bring me down"

"i just want to say, i feel extremely honored that you asked me to walk you down this aisle" josh adds.

"if it isn't my dad, it was always going to be you josh." (y/n) gets interrupted by the music starting. josh puts his hands on her shoulders and smiles at her.

"you got this (y/n)" josh smiles as he links arms with (y/n) and they slowly start walking down the aisle.

~~~

"(y/n) the second i laid my eyes on you, i just got this gut feeling that we were meant to be forever. and boy was i right. i feel so blessed that i get to wake up every day next to my best friend in the entire world. thank you for being you and for always making me smile and laugh. you make me the happiest man alive and i can't wait to see what the future holds. i love you" dawson begins to tear up as he looks into (y/n)'s eyes.

"dawson, you always know how to make me feel like i am the prettiest girl in the entire room. i love your goofy smile and your amazing laugh. i love being your biggest number-one cheerleader whenever you walk onto the field. i know that whatever life throws at us, we will be able to get through it. as long as i have you by my side, everything is going to be ok. thank you for making me feel like a princess all the time. i love you dawson knox" (y/n)'s tears fall from her eyes as she tells dawson her vows.

"i, (y/f/n), take thee, dawson, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part" (y/n) repeats after the wedding officiant.

"i, dawson, take thee, (y/n), to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part," dawson says.

"by the power invested in me and in the state of new york, i now pronounce you mr and mrs knox. you may kiss the bride" the wedding officiant says as everyone stands up and cheers. dawson grabs (y/n)'s head and gently places a kiss on her lips. (y/n) places her hands on dawson's waste as they both deepen the kiss.

~~~

"we would like to invite the bride up to the dance floor please," the dj says into the microphone. (y/n) gets up and makes her way toward the dance floor. "now is the time where the bride dances with the man who walked her down the aisle"

(y/n) turns to see josh standing in the middle of the dance floor. she walks over to him and places her hands around his neck. josh carefully places his hands on her hips as the song, "my girl" begins to play. "thank you for walking me down the aisle josh. and thanks for being my best friend. i love you"

"i love you too (y/n). i just want you to relax and enjoy your perfect day, ok?" josh smiles as they both sway to the music.

the song ends and soon, dawson comes to the dance floor to take over josh. and they start dancing their first dance. "i am so happy, we are finally married" dawson says.

"me too. i guess you are stuck with me for life" (y/n) giggles.

"i am perfectly ok with that" dawson dips (y/n) and kisses her passionately.

~~~

a/n

omg! have you seen the new video of joe with the headband? good lord, i am in love with that man!

also, saturday was my birthday and my sister surprised me by putting my favorite football players on my cake! it totally made me so happy!

who are your favorite players?

i literally have so many, so i most likely forgot someone.
joe burrow
sam hubbard
evan mcpherson
george kittle
christian mccaffrey
brock purdy
josh allen
aidan hutchinson
malcolm rodriguez
and sooo many more!

have such a beautiful day / night

- emily